Benevides Fired

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Ravi wrote:BabaBooey Benevides is looking good on TSN. I am somewhat surprised as to how comfortable he looks on there. I look for him to replace Lapolice in 2015.
Now wouldn't it be ironic if Lapolice replace Benevides ? Reminds me of the John Tortorella and Alain Vigneault trade
Hopefully not as one-sided.
Rammer
Team Captain

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
Ravi wrote:BabaBooey Benevides is looking good on TSN. I am somewhat surprised as to how comfortable he looks on there. I look for him to replace Lapolice in 2015.
Now wouldn't it be ironic if Lapolice replace Benevides ? Reminds me of the John Tortorella and Alain Vigneault trade
Hopefully not as one-sided.
At least as far as the Vancouver aspect is concerned.
Entertainment value = an all time low
korey&dante4ever
Champion

korey&dante4ever wrote:In the end, I do feel this move had to be made, but if we end up with, say, a Danny Barrett... LOL.
LOL

Mike Beamish @sixbeamers · 1h 1 hour ago
Danny Barrett said to be given consideration for #BCLions head coaching vacancy. QB and assistant coach with #cfl team in the 1990s.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Rammer
Team Captain

korey&dante4ever wrote:
korey&dante4ever wrote:In the end, I do feel this move had to be made, but if we end up with, say, a Danny Barrett... LOL.
LOL

Danny Barrett said to be given consideration for #BCLions head coaching vacancy. QB and assistant coach with #cfl team in the 1990s.
Yeah, that isn't going to win many fans back. Even funnier that Beamish doesn't acknowledge Barrett's HC stint under Shivers reign in Saskatchewan.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

korey&dante4ever wrote:
LOL

Careful what you wish for :wink:
Ravi
Legend

If they hire Barrett over Jeff Garcia, Wally needs to have his head examined.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:If they hire Barrett over Jeff Garcia, Wally needs to have his head examined.
Why? He's been an active position coach in DI (yes, yes, FBS) for years now. He's been a HC in this league. Garcia's got half a season as an emergency QB coach.

Wally needs his head examined if he doesn't at least arrange an interview with Barrett.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Lions4ever wrote:
Ravi wrote:If they hire Barrett over Jeff Garcia, Wally needs to have his head examined.
Why? He's been an active position coach in DI (yes, yes, FBS) for years now. He's been a HC in this league. Garcia's got half a season as an emergency QB coach.

Wally needs his head examined if he doesn't at least arrange an interview with Barrett.

He could do worse.

- J. Paopao
cromartie
Hall of Famer

How about both. Can we have both? Is that ok?