Grey Cup Tickets

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Spud387
Champion

Ravi wrote:Here is the report that I was just referring to: http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2126126

This was preceded by Sandie Rinaldo asking the reporter what the "real story" of the Grey Cup was.
Unfortunately that's media for you. Media/News has to create controversial stories to attract viewers and CTV is especially guilty of this. Their ads always trot out the "real story will surprise you," "we'll give you the inside scoop," etc slogans to get listeners/viewers curious.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
Ravi wrote:Here is the report that I was just referring to: http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2126126

This was preceded by Sandie Rinaldo asking the reporter what the "real story" of the Grey Cup was.
Unfortunately that's media for you. Media/News has to create controversial stories to attract viewers and CTV is especially guilty of this. Their ads always trot out the "real story will surprise you," "we'll give you the inside scoop," etc slogans to get listeners/viewers curious.
Well in this case the "real story will surprise" a lot of people because they never got to hear it from CTV. *roll eyes*
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

i sold a pair of end zone for friends for 200.00. I tried selling mine at the game. No luck. Worth every penny to stay and watch. Thnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing