United We Grow, Divided We Fall!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

jwbavalon
Rookie

I agree with WCJ. As an earlier post on another thread, I want a red door but the Lions only have a blue door. Either they change colours and make me happy, or I take my $$ and go else where.

I'm a season's ticket holder but have not renewed, yet. I want a red door!
leo4life
All Star

Mexico,youre one of my favorite posters and you have my 100% support.Long time season ticket holder here and i wont renew if Wally trots out his status quo "staff".The Lions will have to get real and hire a real HC/OC/ offensive line coach and a special teams coach for starters.All those areas have been poorly coached for too long and i and my wallet have seen enough! If not Wally should retire,hes out of touch!
MexicoLionFan
Legend

pennw wrote:Sorry MLF but you lost me when you launched into your anti-religion diatribe . Couldn't be bothered to read any further after that as I consider it a complete waste of time . You have zero evidence to support your accusations on that front , only your own prejudice . There are other faiths among the BC Lions that are not in line with Wally Bouno's and those have seen no discrimination based on religion . I don't support you at all . :tp:
Sorry you feel that way Penn...regardless of what I do or don't believe in I am one of those Voltaire guys that would fight for your right to say anything you wish...the only people that Wally has shown loyalty to in the business of football have been the group I mentioned...they were all brought into Wally's church by Wally...of which I don't mind at all...whatever anyone wants to believe in is their decision, it just shouldn't result in preferential treatment anywhere at anytime IMO. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:Sorry MLF but you lost me when you launched into your anti-religion diatribe . Couldn't be bothered to read any further after that as I consider it a complete waste of time . You have zero evidence to support your accusations on that front , only your own prejudice . There are other faiths among the BC Lions that are not in line with Wally Bouno's and those have seen no discrimination based on religion . I don't support you at all . :tp:
I concur. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever whether religion plays a part in Buono's decision making. Pure speculation.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I will repost this here as well...

ABSOLUTELY TLK...this is a mess because Wally is still running things from just out of the direct light...it reminds me a little of the wizard of oz...Wally behind the curtain pulling the strings...you can guess who the scarecrow, tin man and lion are...

Joe, thanks so much for posting all of this and your observations...the newspaper guys are being cautious in their comments not wanting to incite a riot in the public or lose access to the team, but they have made it as clear as they feel its safe to that its a very unhealthy, unusual construct in BC, that there are major problems and that little is likely to occur if Wally is in charge...and clearly Wally is in charge...Skulsky's comments changed immediately prior to being told that Wally was coming back by Braley...his criticisms went directly to Mike Benevides thus towing the company line. Braley and Skulsky know exactly what is wrong with this team but Braley is concerned that pulling the plug on Wally could turn into a complete rebuild and kill his chances to sell the team...I think that is fearful thinking and a mistake. It is very clear from all the reporters that VERY FEW proven coaches will want to come to BC with Wally...who take on a job where you had to keep Dorazio and McMann???

People may not like the suggestion that Wally uses his personal views and beliefs to favour some over others, but there is now no longer any doubt that he does and why some BIZARRE roster decisions are continually being made...JR LaRose, Marco Iannuzzi, Kito Poblah, Dan Dorazio, Chuck McMann, Mark Washington what do they all have in common with Wally? You do your own investigation (if you care to know the truth) and find out. Wally is RUTHLESS to almost all, even the public in his comments, but soft as a lamb with a select group of others who are failing the public trust!

If things stay status quo we are in BIG TROUBLE! Fans have been brainwashed to think that this season was Kevin Glenn's fault and so he will be run out of town to get rid of the memory. But a little news for you, Johhny Unitas could have QB'ed the Lions this season and looked like Glenn in the Eastern Final. It wasn't Glenn's fault (and I am not a big Kevin Glenn fan) and now by running him out of town WE HAVE NO ONE PROVEN AT QB...no one! Lulay is NOT coming back people...he may try but it will not last...and if the Lions waste money, time and resources on Lulay's return in the face of finding a permanent solution, it will only further set us back.

I said in my post that we needed to unite here and FORCE Buono and the Lions to make a serious change before this thing fully exploded (because guess what, it hasn't)...I don't see the unification...people who complained all year about a horrible on field product are prepared to think that its Khari Jones and everything will be okay when we find a replacement...WAKE UP...if you thought that Khari Jones was "bottom of the barrel" this season wait to see what you get next year...NO ONE OF CONSEQUENCE will come to this train wreck...no one with a brain will want to coach UNDER MB and no one will take on Dorazio as an OLine coach...it is a guarantee for failure...I heard Khari Jones was acting before coming to the Lions...well, he had better take some more lessons because good luck ever getting another CFL job after that disaster....AND IT WASN'T HIS FAULT...he was hungry and foolish enough to walk right into a bear trap! SNAP, it just took off his head!

As Joe said, the players have now come out with their concerns...NO BELIEF in our ability to be successful with these coaches...no understanding of who is running the team and making the decisions...if we think that MB is a Puppet (as TLK said so well) WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PLAYERS BELIEVE????

If the Lions MGT is foolish enough to keep Wally as GM and Wally has no made it perfectly clear that he is tampering and has NO INTENTION of stopping, even if we do fire MB we won't find anyone with a brain, because outside of desperate, who would take this job? Dickenson or Ritchie Hall would both demand to be given FULL CONTROL over the coaching staff and the roster, plus be given assurances that Wally backed right off from practices and in the press...would Wally agree to this? Not from his incredibly EGOTISTICAL comments yesterday...Wally made it very clear that he is in charge with the Lions and that he has NO INTENTION of backing off...that just scared most everyone away...it also just CEMENTED the beliefs among CFL players that Wally is an ego-maniac and in full control of the Lions...unless we trade for players and bring them in from the States, we are going to get ANYONE to agree to come here under these circumstances. Wally Buono's approach to football is a SQUARE...the CFL is now a shape that is round...continually trying to force your square into the round hole defines Einstein's definition of INSANITY. Which is a suitable moniker for this franchise in trouble...and unless we unite together and let the Lions know that we won't stick around for Custer's Last Stand, that is exactly what is going to happen over the next two years to Wally...the game has past him by...people and relationships have passed him by...you cannot micro manage...you do exhaustive searches to find the best players and coaches and then TRUST and SUPPORT their every move! That's Wallys job and he's not doing it...does anyone here actually think that Benevides was the best candidate available to take over the Lions? If you do I've got some land in...

Chris Jones, John Hufnagel, Corey Chambliss, Mike O'Shea, Kent Austin, Scott Milanovich are all light years ahead of MB...and he won't EVER get there unless he leaves the Lions and does what Joe said...start again...work in the CIS for a while...get a job in the NCAA...work his way up to a positional coach in the NFL...make contacts, learn different ideas and perspectives so that you can have a plan and make sure it is aware of what's out there...and that's the key...Washington, Jones, McMann, Benevides DON'T HAVE A CLUE what Chris Jones is all about and what he trying to do..."oh, he just blitzes a lot"...that is only a response to a symptom...Jones will blitz and blitz and blitz until its not what is best...then he CHANGES/ADAPTS to what works...his isn't a coach that likes to blitz, he's a coach that likes to WIN!

Could you imagine what would happen if Ed Hervey ever sat down with Jones and told him how to populate his roster or how to run his defence??? Hervey would be looking for his teeth!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:
Sorry you feel that way Penn...regardless of what I do or don't believe in I am one of those Voltaire guys that would fight for your right to say anything you wish...the only people that Wally has shown loyalty to in the business of football have been the group I mentioned...they were all brought into Wally's church by Wally...of which I don't mind at all...whatever anyone wants to believe in is their decision, it just shouldn't result in preferential treatment anywhere at anytime IMO. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
FWIW you have my support on this point. The idea that you are demonstrating "prejudice" is ludicrous.