Lions @ Alouettes. Game Day Thread. Eastern Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Where is TLK to do the GDT? OK, I will set it up.

Well ...

We could have a good passing attack. Glenn with our talented receivers.

Pass protection? Dunno? Scary.

We could have a good running game. Logan behind a huge O Line.

We could have good defence. Pass coverage.

Pressure on the QB? Dunno.

Blitzing? Dunno.

Run stopping, Yes.

Stop the QB running? Dunno.

STs? Be nice to break even.

Huge game for Mike Benevides and Wally Buono. Huge game for our franchise.

Big revenue day for David Braley missed, as we do not host a playoff game. With the stability our franchise has had in the last decade, IMO this is unacceptable. Backward march. Backsliding down a slope. But it is David Braley's call, and it is Wally Buono's management responsibility.

A win can salvage something from a lacklustre season.

Looking forward to the game.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's a new season and everyone has a clean slate. I expect the Lioms to be ready. The Als? I'm not so sure. With Crompton starting his first playoff game and a running back starting his first CFL game of any sort, they might get rattled by the B.C. Defence. The first quarter will set the tone.
Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

OK, folks, leaving for Montreal in a bit. Look for a BC flag hanging down in the first row, near the northwest corner (the side attached to McGill buildings). My wife is a Montrealer but says she's being impartial. We'll have a baby with us, and he has a T-shirt waiting for him when he's big enough that says he's a Lions' fans, so there's that.

I've seen two Leos' games at Molson Stadium, including the "U2 game" in 1998 that effectively moved the "Alouettes" (scare quotes because they were basically still just Baltimore with worse uniforms) back to Molson. And well, our guys lost both. So here's hoping my luck changes!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

If this was the best probability in sight of all the failures this season's possibility to play at home in the grey cup to come, the path is still open...two more wins stand as the immanent challenge!

Lions game to loose!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Umm I think I might have to close my eyes and plug my ears when McCallum is doing kickoffs into the wind today:
Periods of snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 3.
Dusty
Champion

I think that if our coaches pay attention to the wisdom expressed on this forum, and create an offensive game plan that has more surprises for the Als than the "seen that" offense we have played over the season, BC is on its way to win! Our defence can, for the most part, take care of their game and hold the Als to points off the foot of Whyte.

Go Lions Go!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm skipping the Grey Cup Orientation to take in the game. Hope the Lions don't disappoint. A chance for the Lions to create history by being the 1st cross team to win the Grey Cup
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Underway. Lions win the toss and receive, start at their own 27 with the KR.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Two first downs on their opening series.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Nice start. Double tights. Quick out to Gore. A couple of runs by Logan. Neutralize anything Montreal tries to do up front.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Brown carries for a 3rd first down.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Hebert sacks Glenn to stall the drive. Lions to punt.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Montreal blitz, sacks Glenn. Have we seen this before ?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lousy 17yd punt from PMcC. :thdn:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Poor punt by McCallum