Lions @ Alouettes. Game Day Thread. Eastern Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Redwhite2005 wrote:So what do you do with Glenn now? Send him back to Ottawa?
Cut him. no one is going to trade for him. He is done as a QB after this season. He is a serviceable backup but even at that, what is the point. He was an experienced QB who ultimately couldn't deliver. Rather give time to the rookies who might have some upside to the future.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Elimimian has 10 tackles. You can't knock his play today. I don't know if this game will help or hurt his chances for MOP.
I thought the playoffs didn't factor into it? Just a reg season award?
Yes, but the ballots haven't been cast. Officially or not, everything factors into it.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Really impressed with Crompton's demeanor, Good that the Als figured out what they had with him.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:Elimimian has 10 tackles. You can't knock his play today. I don't know if this game will help or hurt his chances for MOP.
Regular season award
Ravi
Legend

Should the Lions take a chance at Jeff Garcia as their head coach in 2015? I think he would be worth taking a chance on and he is willing to be a head coach in this league. He has a history with Wally as well. Wally has to pull the trigger on Benevides after this game and the Lions seem like an organization in need of a refresh which Garcia would provide.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

50-17 final. Let the post mortem begin. Going to be an interesting off season
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Ravi wrote:Should the Lions take a chance at Jeff Garcia as their head coach in 2015? I think he would be worth taking a chance on and he is willing to be a head coach in this league. He has a history with Wally as well. Wally has to pull the trigger on Benevides after this game and the Lions seem like an organization in need of a refresh which Garcia would provide.
I haven't heard that name mentioned but it's an interesting idea. OC might be a logical next step for him, though.
Redwhite2005
prospect

sj-roc wrote:
Yes it is over the regular season. Elimimian should have it no problem.
Redwhite2005
prospect

B.C.FAN wrote:
Ravi wrote:Should the Lions take a chance at Jeff Garcia as their head coach in 2015? I think he would be worth taking a chance on and he is willing to be a head coach in this league. He has a history with Wally as well. Wally has to pull the trigger on Benevides after this game and the Lions seem like an organization in need of a refresh which Garcia would provide.
I haven't heard that name mentioned but it's an interesting idea. OC might be a logical next step for him, though.
If he indeed leaves Montreal I think it would be best he starts as an OC first before taking on HC but again what do the Lions have to lose. Tie a can on Benne and his staff and go with new. Then Wally needs to look at the problems on the offensive side of the ball and possibly the db's on defense.
Big Time
Champion

Move heaven and earth to bring Dave Dickenson in as head coach. Hell, make him the OC too. Either way, Bene has to go. What I witnessed today was nothing short of incompetent.
Redwhite2005
prospect

Dave will never leave Calgary he has set up his family here and is close to his home in Montana! He knows very well he will be HC very soon in Stamp land.
Ravi
Legend

Redwhite2005 wrote:Dave will never leave Calgary he has set up his family here and is close to his home in Montana! He knows very well he will be HC very soon in Stamp land.
This is why I think Jeff Garcia would be a better bet for the Lions to secure. He is greener than Dickenson as a coach but if the Lions are patient with him, I think that the payoff in 2 to 3 years, if not sooner, could be quite substantial.
South Pender
Legend

Ravi wrote:
Redwhite2005 wrote:Dave will never leave Calgary he has set up his family here and is close to his home in Montana! He knows very well he will be HC very soon in Stamp land.
This is why I think Jeff Garcia would be a better bet for the Lions to secure. He is greener than Dickenson as a coach but if the Lions are patient with him, I think that the payoff in 2 to 3 years, if not sooner, could be quite substantial.
Jeff Garcia's entire coaching experience, as far as I know, consists of one year as the Als' quarterback coach. How can this possibly be considered adequate background for a head coaching job in the CFL? Garcia probably has good offensive credentials, having been a successful quarterback himself, but has nowhere near the breadth of experience needed to be a successful head coach. He needs about 5 years of seasoning, as a position coach, then a coordinator, before being ready to take the reins of any CFL team.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Barron Miles a possibility ?
aklawitter
All Star

might as well bring in Carl Kidd and Barrin Simpson and Daved Benefield