Lions/Als East Semi

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

JohnHenry wrote:I'll go out on a limb: Lions 41 - Als 17 :beer:

No not happening not with this team Montreal 30 bc 18
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

[video][/video]
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'll have what you're having.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Dean Valli was on TSN 1040 Wednesday night with Jeff Paterson and sounded really positive. He said the players are confident, they're happy to be the crossover team and they match up well with Montreal. He said the Als changed their entire defensive philosophy after they last played the Lions in Week 4. This game will be nothing like either of the two regular-season meetings. He expects it to be a close, hard-fought game.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Dean Valli was on TSN 1040 Wednesday night with Jeff Paterson and sounded really positive. He said the players are confident, they're happy to be the crossover team and they match up well with Montreal. He said the Als changed their entire defensive philosophy after they last played the Lions in Week 4. This game will be nothing like either of the two regular-season meetings. He expects it to be a close, hard-fought game.
Sounds more upbeat from when I heard him on Monday with Sekeres (or perhaps Moj/Taylor?), when he said something along the lines, "Their (Mtl's) record here is what their record is here for a reason, and our record there (in Mtl) is what our record is there for a reason." He seemed to acknowledge the early (10am PT) start and the long travel would be factors.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

That's not a limb, thats a twig. :wink:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
leo4life
All Star

Montreal 18 Lions 14
Macullum:3 FG's 2 singles LOL
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
twigs have a way of growing.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:
twigs have a way of growing.
Only problem is it takes several seasons to grow into a limb.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

YEP!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Some good news. Really thought the "A" team would have been assigned the Riders/Eskimos.
Eastern Semi-Final: BC @ Montreal at 1 p.m. ET. Chris Cuthbert, who was recently honoured as one of this year’s inductees into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, will call the game from the broadcast booth alongside analyst Glen Suitor, while SPORTSCENTRE’s Matthew Scianitti reports from the sidelines of Percival Molson Stadium in Montréal.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Sounds like Glenn will be backed up by Travis & Travis. Beck is out having not passed concussion protocols. This also means a new holder for McCallum.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Some good news. Really thought the "A" team would have been assigned the Riders/Eskimos.
Eastern Semi-Final: BC @ Montreal at 1 p.m. ET. Chris Cuthbert, who was recently honoured as one of this year’s inductees into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, will call the game from the broadcast booth alongside analyst Glen Suitor, while SPORTSCENTRE’s Matthew Scianitti reports from the sidelines of Percival Molson Stadium in Montréal.
That is the best crew, but if the Lions are behind, Suitor can get stuck on an Al player de jour.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:That is the best crew, but if the Lions are behind, Suitor can get stuck on an Al player de jour.
Let's hope it's the best officiating crew too. I really hope for the sake of viewers and spectators that it's not a 3+ hour Flagapalooza Festival. Al Bradbury's crew has tossed enough cloth this season to line the AIDS quilt. Kim Murphy always seems to have a thing against us, and if it's Andre ("Offside - Number Fifty Tree BC") Proulx.....well, there's really no hope for us.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:Sounds like Glenn will be backed up by Travis & Travis. Beck is out having not passed concussion protocols. This also means a new holder for McCallum.
Offensive line better protect Glenn or the Lions could be in a world of hurt if we have go with Lulay or Partridge.