Dear Ticket Purchaser

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

How much value did you get for your BC Lion ticket(s) purchase for 2014?

100%
19%
80 - 99%
19%
70 - 79%
No votes
60 - 69%
No votes
50 - 59%
14%
49% below
48%

Total votes: 21
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
sj-roc wrote:All the same, we've had too many TDless games on offence, second only to expansion Ott. Mtl is tied with us — but most of their offensive woes came pre-Crompton/Garcia/etc. And if I'm not mistaken, we're one of the few teams to have a seasoned starting QB at the helm every week.

(NB: Tor played two games in week eight with five TDs on offence in the 1st and one in the 2nd for the total of 6 shown here).
Not all those are showing offensive TD/s either, a few are by the D and ST's. That of course goes for all teams, but the O were TD'less for 5 games...no O TD in a loss to the Riders IIRC.
No — sorry if I wasn't clear on that but the numbers I'm giving are specifically TDs on offence; those scored on D&ST are axed out, for everybody. Hambone in list of offensive TDs gave the same totals as mine; I just added the weekly breakdown to distill out all the goose eggs. The loss to the Riders matches the zero in week 9.

By rights I suppose we could also be subtracting defensive TDs surrendered by offences. I haven't bothered tracking these but I'm pretty sure Glenn threw at least 2-3 pick sixes in the early going.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I have been to something like 5 games so far this year. Of those, 1 win. Now I realize that you can't win every time but when you lose that often and then factor in the costs of attending, Tickets, Parking, Concessions etc., you really can't say you got value for money when after almost every game you leave disappointed, sometimes feeling angry as well. Going to the game is an event. It requires planning, anticipation, it creates excitement and when you constantly leave after the event feeling down, it is a hard pill to swallow. The stadium is fine, the concessions are an option so really it comes down to the onfield product and between the horrendous play, the unpreparedness that this team has displayed countless times and the circus act that seems to be our head coach, hard to find much to be positive about. I don't think I'm that fickle. I can handle losses but what I find the most dissatisfying is a lack of competitiveness. It is one thing to lose a game by a close margin as long as you played well. It is another thing altogether to lose a game when the opposition played mediocre and you somehow managed to find a way to play worse.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Sir Purrcival wrote:I have been to something like 5 games so far this year. Of those, 1 win. Now I realize that you can't win every time but when you lose that often and then factor in the costs of attending, Tickets, Parking, Concessions etc., you really can't say you got value for money when after almost every game you leave disappointed, sometimes feeling angry as well. Going to the game is an event. It requires planning, anticipation, it creates excitement and when you constantly leave after the event feeling down, it is a hard pill to swallow. The stadium is fine, the concessions are an option so really it comes down to the onfield product and between the horrendous play, the unpreparedness that this team has displayed countless times and the circus act that seems to be our head coach, hard to find much to be positive about. I don't think I'm that fickle. I can handle losses but what I find the most dissatisfying is a lack of competitiveness. It is one thing to lose a game by a close margin as long as you played well. It is another thing altogether to lose a game when the opposition played mediocre and you somehow managed to find a way to play worse.

You nailed it.

IMO, the Lions will find big problems selling tickets to their snooze fest offense in 2015.