CFL Player Awards

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In a week or so the league will release the teams' nomination for player awards. Here's my picks for the Lions

Top Rookie: Alex Bazzie

Top Lineman: Jermarcus Hardrick

Offensive Player: Andrew Harris

Defensive Player: Solomon Elimimian

Most Outstanding: Solomon Elimimian

Top Canadian: Andrew Harris

Special Teams: Tim Brown
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:In a week or so the league will release the teams' nomination for player awards. Here's my picks for the Lions

Top Rookie: Alex Bazzie

Top Lineman: Jermarcus Hardrick

Offensive Player: Andrew Harris

Defensive Player: Solomon Elimimian

Most Outstanding: Solomon Elimimian

Top Canadian: Andrew Harris

Special Teams: Tim Brown
Can't see the Lions doing any better on their own selections. Bazzie and Elimimian are locks for the West as Rookie and Defensive player respectively. If SolE somehow finds a way to win the Outstanding player nomination from the West, and whoever does in the end will win hands down.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Bazzie is by no means a lock as rookie nomination for the entire CFL West. You may or may not have heard of Dexter McCoil, Esks LB with 62 tackles and 6 interceptions. He is NFL sized at 6'4", 222lbs.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer
Team Captain

So much for Bazzie being a lock for rookie, Josh Johnson gets the nod from the Lions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I am glad that Josh Johnson won the Rookie nod over Bazzie...Bazzie had the stats, but JJ was the better, more consistent player...to be honest, I think we need to upgrade over Bazzie next year.

As for Lumbala as CDN, I find that insulting to Harris, injured or not, AH was our best football player until his injury and was responsible for half our wins to that point!

What is all this hype around Chick? He started strong and then faded badly...Sol is a record setter that did his thing every week...he has to be the West's nominee for best Defensive player, and with Cornish's injuries, should be MOP as well.

The rest really don't matter as none really deserved the nominations including Olafoye...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

MexicoLionFan wrote:I am glad that Josh Johnson won the Rookie nod over Bazzie...Bazzie had the stats, but JJ was the better, more consistent player...to be honest, I think we need to upgrade over Bazzie next year.

As for Lumbala as CDN, I find that insulting to Harris, injured or not, AH was our best football player until his injury and was responsible for half our wins to that point!

What is all this hype around Chick? He started strong and then faded badly...Sol is a record setter that did his thing every week...he has to be the West's nominee for best Defensive player, and with Cornish's injuries, should be MOP as well.

The rest really don't matter as none really deserved the nominations including Olafoye...
I don't think it is fair to say that in spite of his injuries Harris should have been the Lion's CDN nominee and then say that Cornish, because of his injuries, should get beat out by Elimimian. AFAIK, even with his injuries Cornish is still the leading rusher. IMO you are being too much of a homer.
Rodu
Champion

Bazzie faded down the stretch
MexicoLionFan
Legend

DanoT wrote:
MexicoLionFan wrote:I am glad that Josh Johnson won the Rookie nod over Bazzie...Bazzie had the stats, but JJ was the better, more consistent player...to be honest, I think we need to upgrade over Bazzie next year.

I don't think it is fair to say that in spite of his injuries Harris should have been the Lion's CDN nominee and then say that Cornish, because of his injuries, should get beat out by Elimimian. AFAIK, even with his injuries Cornish is still the leading rusher. IMO you are being too much of a homer.

Just re read what I said Dano...I don't think Cornish should beat Sol, and I think Sol was the MOP I saw all season, short of Chad Johnson when healthy...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
notahomer
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:..............

What is all this hype around Chick? ........
Hmmn.... I thought it was just me and my anti-green bias that was thinking Chick has been over-rated. :wink: I don't know what it is. Did teams pick up something that has slowed him down or are they just making his job tougher via special attention? I still respect Chick as a player but, IMO, the hype to start the year was a bit rich for me.....