Wally reacts to Saturday's humiliation in Edmonton.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Thanks notahomer, I guess I was wrong. The Benevides pre-game speech was there for all to see and I didn't think he looked particularly comfortable. I actually liked the part right afterward when the players huddled up around Khalif and an unidentified player who said, "let's give these fans who support us through the good, the bad, and the ugly something to be proud about." :thup: I also had a LOL when he said "at the end of the day, (bleep) the rah, rah - play for pride." I don't think it was a subtle dig at his overly emotional HC, but it sure sounded funny.

The other thing with the Wally radio interview (cue the "beep, beep, beep" of a truck in reverse), was him fumbling for Bene's winning record as HC of our Leos. That's an insult to sophisticated fans who recognize that we've regressed every year since he took over.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Thanks notahomer, I guess I was wrong. The Benevides pre-game speech was there for all to see and I didn't think he looked particularly comfortable. .............
You weren't WRONG! Suddenly they stopped showing all the pre-game/post-game lockerroom stuff, you said something about and IMO, certainly WAS the case. Maybe they spotted your comment and went "we gotta post this stuff win/lose".

Thats why I think its important. You can't show the rally the troops, we'll get em speeches only when you win, that looks dumb to me....
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
David wrote:...........Also, notice how we haven't had access to the locker room in several weeks? Not even after the Bomber win in which John Beck was presented the game ball. No more pregame speeches on TSN/postgame speeches etc. By design? Hell yea!

DH :cool:
Well I guess they decided a pre-game video was worth showing..... http://bclions.com/video/index/id/105861
Wow..... I can't believe how Benevides is looking now.

Clearly he is under a ton of pressure from the look on his face. The cliches - "get 7's" - jargon - reminds of a hockey radio call in clown.

Wally is the guy who put him there and for the life of me I can't understand why he didn't see this guy is not ready.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
David wrote:Thanks notahomer, I guess I was wrong. The Benevides pre-game speech was there for all to see and I didn't think he looked particularly comfortable. .............
You weren't WRONG! Suddenly they stopped showing all the pre-game/post-game lockerroom stuff, you said something about and IMO, certainly WAS the case. Maybe they spotted your comment and went "we gotta post this stuff win/lose".

Thats why I think its important. You can't show the rally the troops, we'll get em speeches only when you win, that looks dumb to me....

Guess someone at the Lions are reading Lionbackers' comments.