Lions vs. Eskimoes Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

This is just getting pitiful
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:As usual Buono makes the boneheaded blunder of keeping a quarterback that has had three shoulder injuries in his passed, who has not performed up to his former level since late into last season, and moves his genuine qb of the lions future to one of our arch rivals...dughhhh!!! :tp: :tp: :tp:
Ya, sorry. At the time, Lulay was the better option.

If we had Reilly for one additional season, I guarantee you he'd be our starter and signed long term because of Lulay's injuries. However, when Reilly's contract ended, there was no way to know Lulay would suffer a MAJOR injury the next season
It is a matter of record that Wally knew that Lulay's throwing arm had been injured at least three times before his latest mishap, one of those times in the 1st season he was a Lion and our third string qb at the time...or did you forget that fact?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

He had also just won a Grey Cup in 2011.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

And just a reminder this offensive line that is owning the line of scrimmage is anchored by Justin Sorenson.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

What and utter anticlimax. Big stakes on the line, two regional competitors and we get this.
I feel completely gutshot. I knew it was a bit of a reach but somewhere deep inside, I nurtured this little hope, a quiet defenseless little hope. I wanted to nurture it, see it grow but now it is dashed on the rocks.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Now I'm really hoping for a big Edmonton win. Maybe, just maybe Buono will finally see how bad the coaching and the offence really is.
randymeeks
Legend

I'm really regretting freezing my ass off and coming to this game here in Edmonton. I should have been like the Lions and not bother showing up. Even my rye and cokes taste bitter right now. What an inept performance with a home playoff game in the balance. This game reminds me way too much of the Damon Allen-Adam Rita years when the Lions no showed for many of their important games.
Last edited by randymeeks on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
Spud387
Champion

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Spud387 wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:As usual Buono makes the boneheaded blunder of keeping a quarterback that has had three shoulder injuries in his passed, who has not performed up to his former level since late into last season, and moves his genuine qb of the lions future to one of our arch rivals...dughhhh!!! :tp: :tp: :tp:
Ya, sorry. At the time, Lulay was the better option.

If we had Reilly for one additional season, I guarantee you he'd be our starter and signed long term because of Lulay's injuries. However, when Reilly's contract ended, there was no way to know Lulay would suffer a MAJOR injury the next season
It is a matter of record that Wally knew that Lulay's throwing arm had been injured at least three times before his latest mishap, one of those times in the 1st season he was a Lion and our third string qb at the time...or did you forget that fact?
And people were talking about Lulay being the best QB in the league at that point.

at that point in time Lulay did not have shoulder issues and Reilly had shown flashes of brilliance, but nothing consistent. There is no way you get rid of Lulay at that point. From the football stance AND a marketing stance.

Remember, Lions have to market this team to a very finicky market.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hope Canucks do better against the Oilers
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I hope Canucks do better against the Oilers

Hard to play worse.
randymeeks
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I hope Canucks do better against the Oilers

Can't do much worse!!!!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:He had also just won a Grey Cup in 2011.
That was three years ago???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The Lions will just fire the REC coach and blame Joe.

That's how WB works.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

We lost Reilly when?
randymeeks
Legend

You know it's bad when even our defence is getting embarrassed. Glenn looks like he's on his last legs as a cfl qb. Way too many penalties.