John Chick's MONSTER season.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://cfl.ca/article/sack-attack-are-p ... er-the-cfl

Good piece on pass rushers including league leader John Chick who is leading the league with 15 sacks. What I find puzzling is that EARLY on in the season the narrative was HOW much was Chick going to break James 'QUICK' Parkers CFL record of 26.5 sacks. Now Chick is barely leading his team (Foley has 13). Now 15 sacks is still a solid season and Chick has every right to be proud of himself.

Part of it (most of it?) obviously has to do with teams adjusting to limit Chicks success. As a Lions fan I was a little disgruntled at how quickly Parkers sack record was being seen as DONE for due to Chicks progress but he has obviously slowed quite a bit and its doubtful he'll catch/pass Parker now (he'd need a double digit game in the last week since the Riders have a bye this week).

The other part of this article is how/what/when do the Offensive Coordinators adjust to limit the effectiveness of these pass rushers?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Earlier on in the season, pundits have Chick as the odds on favourite to win the Defensive Player of the year due to his quick start. I think Solomon Elimimian is now the odds on favourite to win the award.
Rodu
Champion

like his team, Chick has really cooled off