Benevides Article

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cromartie
Hall of Famer

Benevides received the kind of training and prep work for the position that I would want any person coming into the CFL at the coaching position to receive. He did scouting. He did position coaching. He did Special Teams. He was a coordinator. For lack of a better term, I think Wally "raised him right".

But you can have all the training in the world, and still not have the acumen to pull it off. Truth be told, I'm not really sure what's wrong. He may just surround himself with the wrong guys. He may set a good philosophy but see that it's executed poorly and not adjust well. He may not be a quick enough thinker on game day.

Maybe the secret to good leadership is to surround yourself with people smarter than or who think differently than you. He may be smart, but he isn't an agile thinker, and he's surrounded by non agile thinkers. That may be the problem.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:....Maybe the secret to good leadership is to surround yourself with people smarter than or who think differently than you. .....
Sounds like the Abraham Lincoln school of leadership.....
cromartie
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
cromartie wrote:....Maybe the secret to good leadership is to surround yourself with people smarter than or who think differently than you. .....
Sounds like the Abraham Lincoln school of leadership.....
No that was 'surround yourself by people who were competing against each other to curry favor from you'. That doesn't work out so well.