RedBlacks vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

swervynmerv
Legend

This Tuenei may be a keeper.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:This Tuenei may be a keeper.
YES.. ... but please tell me he JUST arrived. I hope he's not been here long - if so, what are those coaches thinking.

Two points:

1. Cone drill seems to have worked well as routes are better, crisper and not usually too short.

2. REC don't at all seem to be strutting tonight as they usually do.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
swervynmerv
Legend

I may be wrong but I think Tuenei was on the PR and was cut a couple weeks ago but brought back due to injuries.
Rammer
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:This Tuenei may be a keeper.
YES.. ... but please tell me he JUST arrived. I hope he's not been here long - if so, what are those coaches thinking.

Two points:

1. Cone drill seems to have worked well as routes are better, crisper and not usually too short.

2. REC don't at all seem to be strutting tonight as they usually do.
Good for Tuinei, but Glenn's decision to throw the ball on that one was a huge mistake. He has done this several times this season, throwing a lame duck to an area rather than reset for second down. When will he learn, this cost the Lions games in the past, he has to be better than that.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ernest Jackson is a stud tonight
swervynmerv
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Ernest Jackson is a stud tonight
He has always been an enigma to me. 6'2 and fast, should be a star for us but has never been able to establish himself for some reason.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Glenn is getting excellent protection all night
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

4th touchdown of the night !!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Attendance 31,217
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:I may be wrong but I think Tuenei was on the PR and was cut a couple weeks ago but brought back due to injuries.

If you are right, why am I not surprised!!!?? How can that guy not have better than what we've seen most of the year - ratio stuff aside. I still don't get why we need two kickers one of which is an import.

The first play on 1st and goal with Tim Brown or I think it was Antolin would be far better if it were the bigger FB.

Glenn is making better decisions overall.

It is just Ottawa though who play so slow on offense.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rammer
Team Captain

Toppy Vann wrote:
swervynmerv wrote:I may be wrong but I think Tuenei was on the PR and was cut a couple weeks ago but brought back due to injuries.

If you are right, why am I not surprised!!!?? How can that guy not have better than what we've seen most of the year - ratio stuff aside. I still don't get why we need two kickers one of which is an import.

The first play on 1st and goal with Tim Brown would be far better if it were the bigger FB.

Glenn is making better decisions overall.

It is just Ottawa though who play so slow on offense.
I can't call the TD to Tuenei a good call, he tossed that up for grabs, and not to Tuenei either. Finally got some luck on our side with the TD. That decision making has cost the Lions this season, and Glenn is still making the attempt on 1st down...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

In fairmess to Khari Jones, he's cslling a better game.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:In fairmess to Khari Jones, he's cslling a better game.
Agreed, but the Lions OL is actually providing some protection as well. The O is finally not being so predictable without a few to receivers in teh lineup, go figure.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Finally, a good solid performance by the Lions for a blowout....win. :beer:

A heck of a lot closer across the viaduct as the hearts are beating at Rogers Arena as opposed to BC Place. A valiant effort by the Canucks to fight back from three 2-goal deficits to force overtime 4-4.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I think better play calling yes.. All are sharper incl. OL. But what stands out is the crispness and fight in this REC corp - something not seen when this crew was replaced by the stars.

I see PaoPao not in the booth tonight but on the field. Did that make a difference? I think Joe is usually in the booth when I see him on TV?

This has made Glenn better.

Fight in practice Tuesday?? Bighill and OLineman not playing? hmm.