RedBlacks vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Blowout win by the Lions, narrow win across the viaduct with the Canucks fighting back to tie and winning in a shootout. I guess in the end, a win is a win. :cool:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Blowout win by the Lions, narrow win across the viaduct with the Canucks fighting back to tie and winning in a shootout. I guess in the end, a win is a win. :cool:
A win is a win is not always true in the NHL - a win in a shootout vs your Pacific Conference competition gives you two points but Edmonton gets 1 point versus an outright W where Edmton would get 0 and Van 2.

Eliminates Ties....

RedBlacks need an injection of some sort to speed up the Gibson offense and bring in some trickery.

Punter not kicking that over the head snap out the back of the end zone is either a brain cramp or poor coaching preparation which that is done automatically as it is on the checklist. A freaking no brainer. Even coaching amateur soccer you give players checklists!!! Example: My GK gets ball he looks for a 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 with the Striker or Strikers if two are up. 1 v1 or 2 v2 means you punt it long. If not on, you look to your wide defenders. Only 3rd do you punt up a 50/50 ball.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Robbie wrote:Blowout win by the Lions, narrow win across the viaduct with the Canucks fighting back to tie and winning in a shootout. I guess in the end, a win is a win. :cool:
A win is a win is not always true in the NHL - a win in a shootout vs your Pacific Conference competition gives you two points but Edmonton gets 1 point versus an outright W where Edmton would get 0 and Van 2.

Eliminates Ties....
hey, if you don't want your opponent to get a point, beat them in regulation time. quite simple really.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:

Eliminates Ties....
hey, if you don't want your opponent to get a point, beat them in regulation time. quite simple really.
A win is a win if the NHL would do 3 points for a win, 2 for an OT win and 1 for an OT loss. But by doing a 2 point win, more teams are technically in the race for a playoff berth, when they shouldn't be.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote: A win is a win is not always true in the NHL - a win in a shootout vs your Pacific Conference competition gives you two points but Edmonton gets 1 point versus an outright W where Edmton would get 0 and Van 2.

Eliminates Ties....
A win is a win if the NHL would do 3 points for a win, 2 for an OT win and 1 for an OT loss. But by doing a 2 point win, more teams are technically in the race for a playoff berth, when they shouldn't be.
I guess that's true in that when after the end of the regular season if the number of points and wins are tied, then whether the wins came in regulation or overtime/shootout is taken into consideration. I suppose I was just glad that the Canucks fought back hard and managed to win in a shootout unlike many close losses and offensive problems last season.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I was just having fun and knocking their scoring...lol.

Football can get ties but very infrequently.

Soccer totally changed when they went to 3 pts for a Win and 1 pt for a tie. Tying now is like losing. When that rule came in my team was tied in a game that we should have been winning and we needed. I went to 3 at the back and 2 strikers with pushed up behind them to play off them. A new player questioned this until I noted the standings and how we really needed a Win and the TIE was of no use. We won.

This game was over quite early.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
notahomer
Hall of Famer

One thing Ottawa was doing with early success in my opinion, was flooding one side of the formation and having the play go to the other side.

The first time I recognized them doing this most of the recievers went to the right side of the formation and the running back blasted around the left corner for a nice gain.

The second time, instead of a run a reciever blasted across the middle and made a decent gain.

Now they probably ran these kinds of formations throughout the game but they just didn't seem as obvious to me and also they seemed to have less success.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

One other thing.... A BIG THUMBS UP :thup: , IMO, for those BC Football Hall of Fame Jackets, looked very sharp.......!