3 of the next 4 to make at least the cross over....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:http://cfl.ca/article/the-road-ahead-ea ... ff-picture

Detailed article outlining the various possibilities the various East teams have in terms of the playoff picture. Oddly the piece says nothing about the fact that the Bombers OR Lions are also key factors in this race. Obviously only one team from the West COULD crossover but still I think the odds are good that one will. After all the Lions/Bombers do still play each other head/head one game too......
The article seems to be implicitly conceding the crossover as there is no discussion of what any eastern team must do to guarantee themselves at least third (because this will be of no use to their playoff hopes). I think a similar article on the west would address this matter for that division.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:The article seems to be implicitly conceding the crossover as there is no discussion of what any eastern team must do to guarantee themselves at least third (because this will be of no use to their playoff hopes). I think a similar article on the west would address this matter for that division.
Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm going to go check out their west playoff picture article......

There isn't one yet, maybe tomorrow? The standings page does have a CROSSOVER page that shows where all teams sit at this point in time. IOW, BC is still ahead of the Ticats but the Ticats are ahead of the Bombers because of their identical records. I also had no idea that Montreals divisional record was so strong (3-1).........
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
notahomer wrote:http://cfl.ca/article/the-road-ahead-ea ... ff-picture

Detailed article outlining the various possibilities the various East teams have in terms of the playoff picture. Oddly the piece says nothing about the fact that the Bombers OR Lions are also key factors in this race. Obviously only one team from the West COULD crossover but still I think the odds are good that one will. After all the Lions/Bombers do still play each other head/head one game too......
The article seems to be implicitly conceding the crossover as there is no discussion of what any eastern team must do to guarantee themselves at least third (because this will be of no use to their playoff hopes). I think a similar article on the west would address this matter for that division.
they mention the possibility of all 4 eastern teams finishing with 7-11. It is also possible that both bc and wpg finish with less than 8 wins, which would mean no crossover. Not likely tho.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back