3 of the next 4 to make at least the cross over....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

Realistically, the playoffs for the lions will likely be through the East crossover. That said, they must win 3 of the next 4 to guarantee this and the game against Winnipeg is a must win. The difficult part is that the games are against Calgary, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Ottawa. Given the anemic offence of the last 4 weeks, this is a very tall order indeed.
leo4life
All Star

Last four games could possibly end up like this:
Ottawa @ BC:Win
BC @ Winnipeg:Loss
BC @ Edmonton:Loss
Calgary @ BC=Win (Stamps clinch West and rest their starters unlike last year which was very costly)
dupsdell1
Champion

leo4life wrote:Last four games could possibly end up like this:
Ottawa @ BC:Win
BC @ Winnipeg:Loss
BC @ Edmonton:Loss
Calgary @ BC=Win (Stamps clinch West and rest their starters unlike last year which was very costly)

lions are not making the playoffs guaranteed.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Winnipeg has lost five straight, Edmonton has lost four of its last six and the Lions usually play well against Calgary. The game I'm most worried about is Ottawa. If the Lions can break their losing streak and build some confidence on offence, they should be fine to at least secure the crossover. No one in the West is playing well lately.
leo4life
All Star

Lulay just on 1040 said vs Ottawa a must win for this team....a east cross over will still be tough...cold weather no running game & eastern teams playing decent ball
notahomer
Hall of Famer

:dizzy: Can't believe our best bet with FOUR games to go is a cross-over in a HOSTING Grey Cup year.....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ottawa game is not going to be a pushover. RedBlacks are feeling good after demolishing the Bombers, Lions on the other hand is struggling.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Ottawa game is not going to be a pushover. RedBlacks are feeling good after demolishing the Bombers, Lions on the other hand is struggling.
The REDBLACKS blew the doors out last week on offence. I do not see how the Redblacks score like that on a Lions defence thats played as well as it has but....

As for getting some positive points on the board, maybe Smiling Hank will have one of those games where our defence can take some freebies to the house.
squishy35
Legend

notahomer wrote::dizzy: Can't believe our best bet with FOUR games to go is a cross-over in a HOSTING Grey Cup year.....

Beating Edmonton soundly in the coming weeks and hoping that they tank in at least 2 of their last games gives us a chance for 3rd in the west..... even possibly 2nd....but those are long shots....
MexicoLionFan
Legend

BC won't win their last three...if things stay as they are, the Lions will lose in WPG and EE...there is NO WAY that CGY coasts in the finale against us as it back fired on them last year big time. They will be playing hard and Cornish, if he plays, will run all over us. So the Lions are looking at the OTT game as a MUST WIN. If the Leos lose at home versus OTT with our Defence, MB and his staff should be fired the same night. Even if the Lions go 2-2 the rest of the way they will end up at 9-9 (which they must do if they have a hope) as I believe that TOR, HAM and MTL are all going to end up at 9-9...for the Als to do this they MUST beat SSK sunday, but if they do that, you are looking at three 9-9 teams in the east. WPG is now at a MUST WIN situation because they have the toughest schedule remaining in the league, so I don't think they will catch the Leos, but they might tie them and the game in WPG is crucial as the season series is tied at 1-1. But if we beat OTT at home Sat, and we should, then WPG is in big trouble as they will lose in EDM putting them 2 down, with 2 games remaining versus CGY and one against us.

If our Defence is denied a chance to play a playoff game, then changes must be made.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
cromartie
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:Anything short of a Grey Cup , then changes must be made.
FTFY
leo4life
All Star

Leos losing down the stretch probably only way Wally's hand will be forced; Make the crossover and lose he will blame it on injuries and the staff still got them there...if they dont make the playoffs then Wally should clean house except possibly Washington and Johnny Holland (LB Coach)....the next month will be very intersting...Benny said the team had "Outstanding practise today" ...never heard that before LOL
notahomer
Hall of Famer

leo4life wrote:....Benny said the team had "Outstanding practise today" ...never heard that before LOL
I actually went by the Surrey Practice Facility today on the Skytrain. Didn't get off and take in practice. Actually when I went by they were split into two large groups (black jerseys) (orange jerseys) and thats what they were doing....

OUT....STANDING. :wink:

It was on the turf field and I'm sure it was just a break time. To be honest I was surprised to see them on the turf. I thought they usually only used it when worried about rain. Maybe not? MIght try and get out there later in the week (Thurs?).
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
leo4life wrote:....Benny said the team had "Outstanding practise today" ...never heard that before LOL
I actually went by the Surrey Practice Facility today on the Skytrain. Didn't get off and take in practice. Actually when I went by they were split into two large groups (black jerseys) (orange jerseys) and thats what they were doing....

OUT....STANDING. :wink:

It was on the turf field and I'm sure it was just a break time. To be honest I was surprised to see them on the turf. I thought they usually only used it when worried about rain. Maybe not? MIght try and get out there later in the week (Thurs?).
They are almost always on the Field Turf. However Benevides statements of outstanding practice do make more sense now, thanks for that. :rotf:

Just hoping that you saw a large enough can nearby as well.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://cfl.ca/article/the-road-ahead-ea ... ff-picture

Detailed article outlining the various possibilities the various East teams have in terms of the playoff picture. Oddly the piece says nothing about the fact that the Bombers OR Lions are also key factors in this race. Obviously only one team from the West COULD crossover but still I think the odds are good that one will. After all the Lions/Bombers do still play each other head/head one game too......