TiCats 19 - Lions 17 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Said Buono, who cited kick coverage as his primary beef in Hamilton, of the Lions in their current state: “What do you expect?”
The fans expect solid decisions to be made in choosing coaches, players and strategies. The fans expect injuries to happen to all teams, and that the best teams ride through them.
The offence has clearly been impacted with the loss of Logan, Brown, Travis Lulay, Andrew Harris, Courtney Taylor, and Hunter Steward. And it has prompted players like Gore, the team’s most experienced remaining receiver, to state the obvious.

“If we keep playing the way we are, we’re going to lose if we get in the playoffs,” he said. “All criticism of us is due right now. It’s not welcome, but it’s due. I’m not making excuses.”
Absolutely right. Criticism is due.
It has put added strain on third-year coach Mike Benevides to find the proper motivational balance.
Yes, that is something needed from a Head Coach. Leadership.
“We don’t need to be stepped on any more,” said Gore. “We need to be challenged as individuals.”
Crying out for leadership. Stepped on? Well ... By opponents. By media. By lifelong fans. I don't think this is a staff that is unduly harsh.
Typically, Benevides sees the prospect of playing a game without the Lions starting tailback, quarterback, two receivers and two returners as an opportunity,
“The challenge of injuries is nothing I’ve seen before so this is a new experience for me and my dear friend the GM,” Benevides said. “Are the walls caving in? No. It’d be different if we didn’t see a light at the end of the tunnel.”
"a new experience for me and my dear friend the GM" ... Yes, good to get a plug in for the boss.

It seems to me that injuries to a team get worse when the situation is chaotic.

"light at the end of the tunnel" ... Seems kind of like fantasy land for Benny.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Thanks for posting the article, Blitz.

A good article about a bad team (D excepted).
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:I have used up my quota of free access to the Province on line and now must become a subscriber to view. So, can anyone reprint the article?
Use Incognito mode. Works for me.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
DanoT wrote:I have used up my quota of free access to the Province on line and now must become a subscriber to view. So, can anyone reprint the article?
I have limited computer skills so i have no idea what an incognito mode is or how to use it.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
Once the website knows your computer IP address, I don't see how one can go incognito. Or perhaps you jest? Once they get your ID online, it is hard to hide, using the same computer. I think this is so even if you do not actually log in to that site and enter anonymously.

What secrets do you know about going incognito, L4e? Maybe you are with the CIA? :wink:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
Once the website knows your computer IP address, I don't see how one can go incognito. Or perhaps you jest? Once they get your ID online, it is hard to hide, using the same computer. I think this is so even if you do not actually log in to that site and enter anonymously.

What secrets do you know about going incognito, L4e? Maybe you are with the CIA? :wink:
Nope. Nothing special. I just use incognito and read the Sun and Province all I like, without any little nag messages.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:

Nope. Nothing special. I just use incognito and read the Sun and Province all I like, without any little nag messages.
How do you use incognito? Not sure how you mean this.

The Sun and Province have a limit of perhaps 20 views of articles per month. After that they make you wait until the next month. I usually hit the limit each month. And I do not log in. They know my IP address, as they can do with anybody that accesses their site.

Do you view more than 20 articles per month?

Then what is your secret method? LOL We wanna know ... LOL

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:

The Sun and Province have a limit of perhaps 20 views of articles per month. After that they make you wait until the next month. I usually hit the limit each month. And I do not log in. They know my IP address, as they can do with anybody that accesses their site.

Easily more than 20 a month. Easily. I usually check the Sun & Prov every day. Using Chrome, I click on that little 3 horizontal bar thingy just below the red x up in the top right corner. A list pops up. The 3rd one is: New Incognito Window. Open it and away we go.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:

Easily more than 20 a month. Easily. I usually check the Sun & Prov every day. Using Chrome, I click on that little 3 horizontal bar thingy just below the red x up in the top right corner. A list pops up. The 3rd one is: New Incognito Window. Open it and away we go.
Very cool. Thank you. I still use the dinosaur Explorer.

DanoT
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:

Very cool. Thank you. I still use the dinosaur Explorer.
I use Firefox, but just opened up Google Chrome (didn't set it as my default browser), I followed Lions4ever's instructions and it worked as I was able to go to the Province Sports without problems.

Thanks. :thup:
pennw
Legend

There is another way of getting Province when it cuts you off after your alotted pages if you don't have this incognito option . At least it used to work , haven't been on the Province in the las t month or so , but if thing there still work the same way , it's easy . You just hit the "Stop Loading Page " button before it can send you the pop-up that cuts you off . You know , the red "X" next to the Refresh button . :wink:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:I have limited computer skills so i have no idea what an incognito mode is or how to use it.
I swear I read an article that you posted a comment on. Not that it matters, IIRC, your comment made sense..... :cool:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

“The challenge of injuries is nothing I’ve seen before so this is a new experience for me and my dear friend the GM,” Benevides said. “Are the walls caving in? No. It’d be different if we didn’t see a light at the end of the tunnel.”
Right now though, that light would be an ambulance driving another Lions player to hospital.
Why does it take so long for a
Lion RB to be comfortable
when in Calgary it doesn"t
seem to matter?

Dear Leader as in North Korea kind of leader reference? That's how the crackpot in North Korea is termed.

Dear friend as in Wally has told him not to worry, they'll fire the OC and REC coach and QB and players before his little buddy takes a hit.

The narrative they've been using all year is the injuries and loss of Lulay. They'll take a Mulligan and don't forge they can blame Dennis Skulsky for that hair brained guaranteed win night for the Saskaskatchewan Roughriders.

The REC can be called out.

The OL too.

Lots of players to take the hits first.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Benevides the new Teflon Man.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:Why does it take so long for a
Lion RB to be comfortable
when in Calgary it doesn"t
seem to matter?......
Really weird how Calgary just seems to roll over, no problems, IN SPITE OF INJURIES......