Ti-Cats vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

randymeeks
Legend

dont let the door hit you on your way out, Khari!!!!
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

ziggy wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:This is not about the QB but sure shows this colelction of REC is not up to standard. Worst lot in the last decade.

Khari Jones will be gone next year.
Some believe we have great talent! I don't see it either .
Only on the defensive side of the football.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was a tough, hard-hitting game by both teams. The defence deserved a better fate. That's four of the past five games they haven't allowed a TD.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Look at the catches the Argos were making compared to how the Lions drop all in close coverage. REC not on the same page as the QB who used to have no problem meeting all expectations of him in Calgary. Granted it is not unusual for a drop off in a new team but he didn't become a bad QB this fast.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:That was a tough, hard-hitting game by both teams. The defence deserved a better fate. That's four of the past five games they haven't allowed a TD.
WTF???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
firstandgoal
Rookie

The question is, how far will this ship sink? We have been on a steady downhill slide since the miracle finish to the end of the 2011 season. Are we going to see this franchise revert back to the dark ages of the mid/late 90's early 2000's? Where incompetency reigned supreme and an empty BC Place was the norm? Kind of feels like we are heading down that path.

Highly unlikely that Wally will sack his protege. So what are we left with? An average team. Above average defence, the rest of the crew is suspect....offence/special teams/overall coaching competency is less than marginal.....I am a current season ticket holder and may change that to "used to be". How many others will do the same?

Tough to see any light at the end of this tunnel. I guess its time to vote with my wallet.

Mediocrity now seems to be the new norm. Not acceptable. I used to be excited about every Lions game, now, YAWN!
Lead, follow or get out of the way!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Yah, and didn't BC win the turnover battle?

No, turnovers were even at TWO :dizzy: . I forgot we turned the ball over TWICE on downs. Unfortunately one of our turnovers (stopped the TICATS on 3rd down gamble) the Ticats did end up scoring two points due to us not MOVING the ball after said turnover.....
Last edited by notahomer on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Hamilton's jerseys looked a lot like the Lions.
Gun *steel* grey?

And numbers on sides of helmets instead of logo.
Late getting to this, but the numbers were on the left side of the helmets and the TiCats logo on the right. Numbers are too small and the logo is too big. But the jerseys are just right, if a little derivitave. And it is nice to have the numbers in contrasting colour.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

firstandgoal wrote:
Highly unlikely that Wally will sack his protege. So what are we left with? An average team. Above average defence, the rest of the crew is suspect....offence/special teams/overall coaching competency is less than marginal.....I am a current season ticket holder and may change that to "used to be". How many others will do the same?

Tough to see any light at the end of this tunnel. I guess its time to vote with my wallet.

Mediocrity now seems to be the new norm. Not acceptable. I used to be excited about every Lions game, now, YAWN!
I'm in the same boat. I want to see concrete moves in the off season to address the problems before I commit another $1,000 to David Braley's bank account.
Rammer
Team Captain

ziggy wrote:We need a QB!!!
and....4 R, 3 OL, 2 RB's, and a Partridge instead of a Glenn.

Oh and while I am asking, a DE, DT, S, ST Coach, OC, and most importantly a HC.

What is tragic, is that the Lions recruited better than they have on any year that I can recall, and this is what we are seeing on the field...save your money and force the Lions to address this catastrophe. Execution by a painful slow death is torture, and this season is resembling that right now.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

I was traveling in Washington and listened to some of the game on 1040, I miss Rick Ball. I PVR'd the game, but am considering not to watch it, a first for many years if that is the case. Two TD's, one by the D and the other by a trick play. I read Blitz's post that the trick play had only been attempted once in practice failing, that is the epitome of desperation by the OC to use that in game play. The radio painted the second safety as a cluster puck, that seems to me that the coaches aren't a step ahead in the game, but are showing that they are a step or two behind. You can't execute when there is chaos happening as you head to the field, it is going to result in chaos on the field. That pretty much summarizes the Lions offense and special teams. When two of your three groups are in that kind of disarray, the HC is more than accountable, he has to fall on the sword.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:........seems to me that the coaches aren't a step ahead in the game, but are showing that they are a step or two behind. You can't execute when there is chaos happening as you head to the field, it is going to result in chaos on the field. That pretty much summarizes the Lions offense and special teams. When two of your three groups are in that kind of disarray, the HC is more than accountable, he has to fall on the sword.
X2
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

notahomer wrote:
Rammer wrote:........seems to me that the coaches aren't a step ahead in the game, but are showing that they are a step or two behind. You can't execute when there is chaos happening as you head to the field, it is going to result in chaos on the field. That pretty much summarizes the Lions offense and special teams. When two of your three groups are in that kind of disarray, the HC is more than accountable, he has to fall on the sword.
X2
X3

I haven't made a final decision yet but it is looking like I will not be renewing my 3-Pak next season unless there is a different HC, O line coach, ST coach, and help for the OC. I may still take in a game if I am over to the Mainland for some other reason but it is not worth the cost of traveling from Victoria to watch that offensive Offence. There should be a great choice of seats for single games next year unless they close the upper bowl and then I won't go as I won't pay $ to sit in the end zone.
The_Pauser
Legend

The Lions defense has given up more than 1 touchdown in a game only 3 times in 14 games this year. This is definitely a defense that can put the lockdown on the other teams offense. Sadly though, our offense has been downright awful. If we had some semblance of an offense we would probably be right up there with Calgary.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions have a championship caliber defence but a Pop Warner offence.