Ti-Cats vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:Lions have a championship caliber defence but a Pop Warner offence.

Please don't insult Pop Warner. :wag:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:The Lions defense has given up more than 1 touchdown in a game only 3 times in 14 games this year. This is definitely a defense that can put the lockdown on the other teams offense. Sadly though, our offense has been downright awful. If we had some semblance of an offense we would probably be right up there with Calgary.
What is scary to me is HOW AWESOME the DEFENCES stats would be with a stronger OFFENCE!!! I mean there have been times where the BC D has started to bend and show that its tired but NO WONDER, on the field FAR TOO LONG. Even if there had not been any more scoring by the Offence, just them having the ball and moving some yards down the field etc..... WOULD THIS DEFENCE BE ANY BETTER? In my mind yes!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

DanoT wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Lions have a championship caliber defence but a Pop Gun offence.

Please don't insult Pop Warner. :wag:
Fixed that for you.
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:We get the flag on appeal... but Banks doesn't get a flag for objectionable conduct after miming the flag toss?

And they give Ham the TD when he was down on the 2?
So I pushed myself to watch this. My question being since Banks did mime the penalty flag and yet that wasn't picked up by Jake Ireland. Yet I recall the Lions challenging a call only to end up getting a cutblock call against them, that wasn't really a cutblock in the end. But apparently the league can review a challenge and find other penalties going on...but not this one. Where is the balance? That btw wasn't an accidental contact penalty either, just a way for the league to make an influence on the games outcome.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Rammer wrote:
sj-roc wrote:We get the flag on appeal... but Banks doesn't get a flag for objectionable conduct after miming the flag toss?

And they give Ham the TD when he was down on the 2?
So I pushed myself to watch this. My question being since Banks did mime the penalty flag and yet that wasn't picked up by Jake Ireland. Yet I recall the Lions challenging a call only to end up getting a cutblock call against them, that wasn't really a cutblock in the end. But apparently the league can review a challenge and find other penalties going on...but not this one. Where is the balance? That btw wasn't an accidental contact penalty either, just a way for the league to make an influence on the games outcome.
This is why I'm against the PI Challenge Flag. It is not because it is a poor idea, it is because the people at the Command Centre are not capable of applying the rules in a consistent manner.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:This is why I'm against the PI Challenge Flag. It is not because it is a poor idea, it is because the people at the Command Centre are not capable of applying the rules in a consistent manner.
Thats how I feel too. I liked how the 'flag whining' and 'taunting' rules were being applied earlier in the season but then again, its something that isn't consistent. Do IT, or Don't but this not knowing what the actual line is..... :bang: