Can we be more CFL-positive?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:Can we please remove Rod Black from play-by-play on TSN telecasts and stop the almost constant NFL references during his telecasts? It made me sick on East Final Sunday when Black was droning on and on - for the upteenth time no less - about the fathers of Duron Carter and Luke Tasker as well as Chris Berman. As I said on Twitter, "Enough, enough, enough"! Why in the world did the TSN folks feel the need to show highlights of Cris Carter and Steve Tasker playing in the NFL? What the hell did that have to do with the East Final? I was nothing short of disgusted on Sunday and my great frustration was a culmination of over a decade of listening to the sub-par play-by-play of Rod Black who TSN persists in stuffing down our throats despite what must be the thousands upon thousands of complaints that they have received from CFL fans over the years. Sorry for the run-on sentence but I have had enough!!!
X2
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Fans get a break this Sunday as he won't be calling the game. Thank goodness
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I won't defend Rod Black, but I would point out that since TSN broadcasts NFL games, it is in their interest to have some cross promotion of the NFL on CFL broadcasts. But with Black on board it gets over done.
JohnHenry
Champion

DanoT wrote:I won't defend Rod Black, but I would point out that since TSN broadcasts NFL games, it is in their interest to have some cross promotion of the NFL on CFL broadcasts. But with Black on board it gets over done.
I'm not sure TSN (Suitor is also bad for this) idolizes Cris Carter or Tasker as a way to promote their NFL broadcasts...that is just pure grovelling, trying to impress the U.S. viewers on ESPN.
Last edited by JohnHenry on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravi
Legend

ballhawk wrote:
Ravi wrote:Can we please remove Rod Black from play-by-play on TSN telecasts and stop the almost constant NFL references during his telecasts? It made me sick on East Final Sunday when Black was droning on and on - for the upteenth time no less - about the fathers of Duron Carter and Luke Tasker as well as Chris Berman. As I said on Twitter, "Enough, enough, enough"! Why in the world did the TSN folks feel the need to show highlights of Cris Carter and Steve Tasker playing in the NFL? What the hell did that have to do with the East Final? I was nothing short of disgusted on Sunday and my great frustration was a culmination of over a decade of listening to the sub-par play-by-play of Rod Black who TSN persists in stuffing down our throats despite what must be the thousands upon thousands of complaints that they have received from CFL fans over the years. Sorry for the run-on sentence but I have had enough!!!
It kind of reminds me when Ricky Williams was in the league with Toronto, and for the CFL announcers covering the games, including the panels, it was Ricky Williams this, and Ricky Williams that - he was the greatest. The really sad thing is that during that year there were a number of other running backs in the league who did much better than Ricky, but hardly got the accolades or a mention. They were CFL and he was the great NFL running back. It was truly sad - an glimpse into the great Canadian inferiority complex. It runs deep.
Bob McCown of the FAN590 in Toronto absolutely fell in love with Ricky Williams. He wasn't the only one in the Toronto sports media to do so but he fell the hardest. I know Ricky is different from many other athletes in his interests and is considered to be quite intelligent but the fawning over him did get to ridiculous levels. Having said that, it was nice to see people in the Toronto sports media finally fawning over an Argo albeit for just that one year. It does go to show though that it takes a player who starred for many years in the almighty NFL to bring out the love in so many in the Toronto sports media.