Leos vs Bombers Keys to the Game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

notahomer wrote:
Rammer wrote:Oh no, Benevides had to have said that tongue in cheek? If he didn't, he is not long for this gig I suspect. Well unless Wally sticks around for his next contract.
Not IMO, it seemed like the effort the players made was the afterthought. His Coaches are what got the Lions ready and were the number one thing that led to last nights victory. He was smart enough to realize how DUMB it sounded and quickly added his congrats to the players as well....but it sounded like an afterthought....
I agree with notahomer as the coaches had been criticized in the media and of course on Lionbackers. With Glenn going 14/15 in the first half and then the Lions taking control of the game in the 4th by running the ball, sure looked like a well conceived game plan, even down to having Harris talk about 250 yards running as a team goal and then coming out passing. :beauty:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

DanoT wrote: I agree with notahomer as the coaches had been criticized in the media and of course on Lionbackers. With Glenn going 14/15 in the first half and then the Lions taking control of the game in the 4th by running the ball, sure looked like a well conceived game plan, even down to having Harris talk about 250 yards running as a team goal and then coming out passing. :beauty:
I agree. We can be a tough crowd here, but full credit to coaches and players for responding to the challenge. This season is shaping up a lot like 2011, when the Lions had a much much worse start but came back strong after many people had written them off. This year they started 0-2 but have since won 7 of 9, including a 2-0 record in the second half of the season. The defence leads the league, McCallum and Brown have been outstanding on special teams and the offence shows signs of stabilizing under Kevin Glenn and a simplified blocking scheme after a rocky, injury-plagued start to the season. I'm optimistic about the Lions' chances in a tough West Division race.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:Saw an interview by Benevides (local CTV news), you know what the number one thing he felt deserved credit?

An AWESOME EFFORT by the Coaches!?!?!?! :dizzy:

He did quickly follow that up by crediting the players too but come on........
So I guess the blame for the losses and games without scoring touchdowns is solely on the coaches ?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
notahomer wrote:Saw an interview by Benevides (local CTV news), you know what the number one thing he felt deserved credit?

An AWESOME EFFORT by the Coaches!?!?!?! :dizzy:

He did quickly follow that up by crediting the players too but come on........
So I guess the blame for the losses and games without scoring touchdowns is solely on the coaches ?
I can't speak for Benny but using his logic, then yes, they were a large part of the losses and not scoring. I spoke on another thread how coaches do put in INCREDIBLE hours. I'm not so worried about attaching blame, I'm just glad they seem to have found some solutions.......