Canadian Receivers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

I kinda almost feel bad for him but I feel his most emotional moment was him SMASHING his helmet into the ground as he realized the just missed Aloette field goal was NOT the end of the 13nth Man Grey Cup, just yet.

Paul LaPolices and Clermonts reactions were both priceless, IMO. You feel bad for them but its football. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory......

Many people get credit for Leadership in football but Clermont fits what I feel defines leadership. Its about what you do, NOT what you say.
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
notahomer wrote:
Rammer wrote:I was referring to the Lions receivers. The last great Canadian was Clermont IMO. Gore should have been the next one, but he gets limited touches, so he will never be the next one the way this offense deploys him. Lions are all about slots, if you don't play in the slot, you get a lot of wind sprints.
Oh yeah! Sometimes it seemed like he ENJOYED getting smacked and/or delivering a SMASH when you went to tackle him. Loved watching him play in Lions colours.... I sure hope Gore gets that chance to be better involved. He's a really nice guy whose obviously confident. It would be nice to see him be used as a bigger asset....
I don't think anyone who was in the building that night could forget the time he took that hellacious hit from William Loftus and quickly sprung back to his feet like he was barely touched, punctuating the play with a defiant spin of the ball on the turf. The crowd went nuts; the video here doesn't really do justice to the reaction. He was rarely one for theatrics but he really picked his spot well on this one.
[video][/video]
Another paly that IR for Clemont was the game in Calgary, where the QB overthrew him and he knew it was going long and he laid out the DB who was making the catch. That was a linebacker playing receiver for the LIons.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Don't know what people thought of the Canadian, oops sorry National, contingent of recievers last nights game versus the Bombers. I thought Gore did fine. Obviously one big part of our passing/rushing game is Harris and he certainly is helping make some catches that are ending up continuing drives.....
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:Don't know what people thought of the Canadian, oops sorry National, contingent of recievers last nights game versus the Bombers. I thought Gore did fine. Obviously one big part of our passing/rushing game is Harris and he certainly is helping make some catches that are ending up continuing drives.....
I though Haidara looked very good when given the ball. His play is night and day vs Poblah, tough time to get an injury. To me this is the largest problem that the Lions have in assessing talent, let the young guns get some playing time and you will find out what they have. Think if JC didn't get to see the field in his rookie season. Now that Haidara has got some time, my next quest is to see Adekolu catching a few. Falling in love with Iannuzzi is going to cost the Lions a real talent I suspect.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If Haidara is unable to go, I suspect we might see Adekolu make his CFL debut.
pennw
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:If Haidara is unable to go, I suspect we might see Adekolu make his CFL debut.
Sure hope so .
Rammer
Team Captain

pennw wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:If Haidara is unable to go, I suspect we might see Adekolu make his CFL debut.
Sure hope so .
That would be great, but I am sure that the Lions will find a way to end around that possibility.
barrister
prospect

Well the Canadian receivers showed very little tonight! Then again, it all starts with the quarterback and for my mind Kevin showed me over the past few games that he is no longer a winning starting quarterback. Are defences believe that he can beat them? I think that the season is a loss. Let's get on with finding and grooming a young QB as I feel that the future for Travis Lulay is highly questionable. While John Beck may have the right stuff, his age is very much against him although he should be given a start or two to see if he can develop a feel for the CFL quickly enough so as be able to be seen as a starter for 3 or 4 years. The second strike against John as a CFL QB is his lack of mobility as I believe that QB mobility is absolutely essential in our game unless you are the second coming of AC.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Shawn Gore was terrible tonight dropping two very catchable passes.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions had 8 catches by their Canadian running backs, 4 by their Canadian receivers and only 4 by their international receivers, all of those in the first half. The passing game died after Burnham got hurt.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions is in need of a speed burner that can stretch the field and strike fear in the opposition.