Darian Durant - Out For The Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Bosco
Team Captain

More bad news in the CFL QB world - Darian Durant will be out for the rest of the season

http://cfl.ca/article/durant-to-undergo ... ikely-over
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Huge loss for the Riders. Wonder if they're going to look for an experienced backup or stick with the rookie.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That's a tough break for a tough QB who has been one of the league's most durable starters throughout his career. I wish him a full recovery. I think the Riders will be fine with Sunseri at the controls and will still be in the hunt for a home playoff game.
Rammer
Team Captain

Durant has always been that QB who seems to be able to survive contact. His hit and injury is the type that I wonder why it doesn't happen more often to QB's. The DL often get shots on the throwing arm side when the QB is most vulnerable in the throwing position. Most often we see QB's ding their fingers on helmets though.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Tough break for Durant and the Riders. He had seemed almost indestructible. They're a deep team. I expect they will be OK.

The contact did not look all that bad. Throwing motion of course.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

It's a bit ironic that his injury occured on a play blown dead where normally all players hear it and stop play.

It's been a difficult season for QB's. The injuries to Lulay and Durant are both to the throwing arm / shoulder and sometimes the result is a permanent reduction in longterm playing ability.

Good luck to both individuals.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Tough couple of days on the league losing two marquee qbs for an extensive period. Always have had a lot of respect for Durant and hope he is back at 100 percent.

Riders should be fine with Sunseri . He looked good in his debut at BC Place and should have had a 90 yard TD pass if not for a drop by Bagg. Also made a couple of clutch throws down the stretch. Riders have an excellent oline and a very good three-headed running attack with Allen, Messam and Ford. They only need Sunseri to manage the game well not shoot the lights out.
Rodu
Champion

I think we just might know how Riders' fans feel right now
notahomer
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:That's a tough break for a tough QB who has been one of the league's most durable starters throughout his career. I wish him a full recovery. I think the Riders will be fine with Sunseri at the controls and will still be in the hunt for a home playoff game.

:whs: Sunseri has looked fine at the controls. Bagg let him down by dropping a walk-in TD here versus the Lions. Tough year for sure for CFL starting QB's. Maybe this is more common than it looks but this seems worse than usual....
David
Team Captain

Tino Sunseri has looked pretty good in limited duty. However, there's a difference between a young QB coming off the bench in relief of an injured starter like Durant and actually be given the keys to run the offense. Teams now have some film on him and can game plan his tendencies.

Not saying he's going to bomb, but don't expect the Rider O to run as efficiently and effectively as it has been (think back to DeMarco's hot and cold spells last year).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Rider ... story.html

Coach Chamblin seems to be willing to go with other options since Sunseri doesn't seem to be cutting it and Durant maybe able to be there by the time the games really are win or go home.....
South Pender
Legend

notahomer wrote:http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Rider ... story.html

Coach Chamblin seems to be willing to go with other options since Sunseri doesn't seem to be cutting it and Durant maybe able to be there by the time the games really are win or go home.....
Any news out there on the likelihood of Durant's return this season?

Boy, if they're down to Doege now--and Durant's truly lost for the season--I'd say the Riders aren't going far in 2014.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

South Pender wrote:

Boy, if they're down to Doege now--and Durant's truly lost for the season--I'd say the Riders aren't going far in 2014.

Seems to be speculation similar to Lulay. From what I've come across they haven't ruled out a possible return very late in the season or in time for the playoffs.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
South Pender wrote:

Seems to be speculation similar to Lulay. From what I've come across they haven't ruled out a possible return very late in the season or in time for the playoffs.
Easy to say to your fans right now, possibility of playing down the stretch or playoffs, as there isn't really any chance with either QB right now. Why try to get Burris if you think that Durant is coming back? You are already going to slide into the playoffs, so that desperation indicates to me that they aren't as confident as that proposal of a Durant return suggests.
Entertainment value = an all time low