Bo knows Lions - Lokombo in the fold.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lions just announced Bo Lokombo has signed. Not a bad draft from last year now.

http://www.bclions.com/article/bc-signs-2013-draft-pick
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Great news. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
South Pender
Legend

That's great. A highly-rated OLB with really good speed, tackling instincts, and adequate size for the CFL. Should make the team next season and free up an international spot somewhere else (safety maybe?).
notahomer
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:That's great. A highly-rated OLB with really good speed, tackling instincts, and adequate size for the CFL. Should make the team next season and free up an international spot somewhere else (safety maybe?).
I get the impression they are not even sold on where he will play (except IT WILL BE IN BC :wink: ). Got the right body and football sense, sounds like he's gonna be a great addition....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

A ratio breaker :thup: :thup:
Rodu
Champion

I was wondering about this guy. It will be interesting to see how he fits in this year and next.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:Lions just announced Bo Lokombo has signed. Not a bad draft from last year now.

http://www.bclions.com/article/bc-signs-2013-draft-pick
Did any CFL team have better, albeit on a small window of work.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rodu wrote:I was wondering about this guy. It will be interesting to see how he fits in this year and next.
We really don't know much yet.

STs for sure.

One would expect some LB play.

As an athlete though, they don't come much better.

Not sure the Lions are prepared to start a National at LB, unless he "shoots the lights out," so to speak. It would be great if Bo is that guy.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

WestCoastJoe wrote:[e really don't know much yet.

STs for sure.

Not sure the Lions are prepared to start a National at LB, unless he "shoots the lights out," so to speak. It would be great if Bo is that guy.
No doubt this year would be all about STs while getting lots of practice time at OLB, maybe even get some reps at rush end. He lists pretty much at the same size as Bazzie. Next year will be next year. The concept of starting him at LB I think is a decision for then.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Qman
Champion

No chance he plays LB for us unless we are desperate with injuries. He plays special teams with next 2 years, and maybe tries out a safety.
LB is an american position, because if a guy gets hurt, you need a really really good back up basically just good to step in.
Last edited by Qman on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qman
Champion

Hambone wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:[e really don't know much yet.

STs for sure.

No doubt this year would be all about STs while getting lots of practice time at OLB, maybe even get some reps at rush end. He lists pretty much at the same size as Bazzie. Next year will be next year. The concept of starting him at LB I think is a decision for then.
no way in hell bazzie is 220. he is easily 240 at the least.
ballhawk
Legend

Let's cut out the hype on Lokombo. He hasn't done a darn thing yet, and probably has never played a down of Canadian football in his life (being from BC HS and all!). Probably knows nothing about the CFL (being from BC HS and all!)

I wish him well but don't see anything special. Just another over-hyped player. He is going to have to earn his spot. Sorry.

I'll speak more favourably when I see some productivity. Right now I'm happy with a number of the other hard workers on the team who have sweated with the team since June.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
Blitz
Team Captain

If Lokombo turns out to be a very good linebacker then it would free the Lions up to play him rather than Jamal Johnson on both defense and special teams...and that would be a real advantage ratio wise. The linebacker spot might not happen until next season but Jamal Johnson may only be a Leo for this season only.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
firstandgoal
Rookie

Good news! We certainly need some. Welcome to the program, Bo.!

By the way, I noticed Danny Watkins is no longer on the Dolphins roster. Has he surfaced somewhere else or may we (hopefully) see another signing?
Lead, follow or get out of the way!