stupid idiot in lions office

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

some stupid idiot scheduled some minor event in surrey to occur during other cfl games today.

totally asinine and that person should be fired.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:some stupid idiot scheduled some minor event in surrey to occur during other cfl games today.

totally asinine and that person should be fired.
PVR
Entertainment value = an all time low
swervynmerv
Legend

Not related, but am I the only one who is getting tired of the Bombers sucking every labour day and Banjo Bowl,and giving the Riders 4 easy points each season?!!!! :bang:
Rammer
Team Captain

swervynmerv wrote:Not related, but am I the only one who is getting tired of the Bombers sucking every labour day and Banjo Bowl,and giving the Riders 4 easy points each season?!!!! :bang:
The Riders didn't exactly have it easy in the second half, and the cost for the win may prove to be the cost for a home playoff date. The 'non-play' was huge for the Riders, who look to have lost Durant for some games this season at minimum, maybe a season ending injury.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

When can kids minor football games and events be held if not Sunday afternoon?! It is the CFL who moved to Sundays and day time.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:When can kids minor football games and events be held if not Sunday afternoon?! It is the CFL who moved to Sundays and day time.
yes, it is different when it is for the kids to play\practice ball.

this was not for the kids. it was for women. My wife promised her friend she would go with her, so I was left to watch the games all alone...soooobbbbb.

It has always annoyed my when people completely oblivious schedule events to coincide with major sports events. You tell them such as there is a lions game then, or the grey cup is that day, and they go, really..oh... Even if people are not interested, they should still be aware of the major sports events in Canada and mindfull of the many who are fans of said sports.

I thought it was just that much more of an offense for a cfl team to schedule any event at the same time as other cfl games are being played. They at least, should know better.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:When can kids minor football games and events be held if not Sunday afternoon?! It is the CFL who moved to Sundays and day time.

this was not for the kids. it was for women. My wife promised her friend she would go with her, so I was left to watch the games all alone...soooobbbbb.

It has always annoyed my when people completely oblivious schedule events to coincide with major sports events. You tell them such as there is a lions game then, or the grey cup is that day, and they go, really..oh... Even if people are not interested, they should still be aware of the major sports events in Canada and mindfull of the many who are fans of said sports.

I thought it was just that much more of an offense for a cfl team to schedule any event at the same time as other cfl games are being played. They at least, should know better.
I love the CFL but I don't have any illusions that the world revolves around it. Frankly I find your complaint presumptuous and your name-calling (of Lions' office staff in thread title) uncalled for. There's always going to be something conflicting with something else no matter what, so complaining about it is pointless. People who go to the trouble of organising events can't be expected to foresee every last possible clash. I guess every time you've organised anything (presumably on a non-football day — the only time that would work for you) everyone somehow found openings in their timetables for whatever time you picked, and never once had a (non-football) thing of their own already planned.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:My wife promised her friend she would go with her, so I was left to watch the games all alone...soooobbbbb.
You have the house to yourself to watch football. This is a problem?

Seriously, your wife sounds like a good woman and a good football fan.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:My wife promised her friend she would go with her, so I was left to watch the games all alone...soooobbbbb.
You have the house to yourself to watch football. This is a problem?

Seriously, your wife sounds like a good woman and a good football fan.
seriously, she is that and more. Being a football fan was a prerequisite :wink:
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

My wife is also a faithful Leos fan. However, having grown up in Ontario as an Argo fan, I'll easily cheer for them as my second team, but if the Lions aren't in the WF or GC, she'll cheer for the Riders. Nobody's purrfect.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

KnowItAll wrote:

I'm assuming this was the Football 101 the Lions have been running for the ladies for the last several years? That would be one of those marketing things that players and coaches graciously participate in on one of their days off? They probably picked today because they knew the ladies would be looking for something to do while their significant others were glued to the couch all day watching NFL & CFL football. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:

LOL...

I'm with the poster that said something like ....'is this a problem'

I love to watch alone and not have my wife ask me a question and I turn my head and miss a freaking game changing play.

Here is why I love alone game watching!!!

In fact to this day I have NEVER forgiven my son (who reminds me constantly of this) when I was glued to my den TV set in the 1980 World Series the Phillies Tug McGraw is doing his stuff on the mound. I've not missed a single moment of the game - all alone.

Then Willie Wilson is at the plate with 2 strikes on him - final game and inning with two out in the 9th with Tug McGraw loading the bases and my then young son walks in and says the most infamous words in our family history "Is that Tug McGraw?" Being a good day I turn and miss the pitch and what freaking happened to end the game!!!! My son took off and my shortly after my wife appeared to inquire what did I say to our son. Today when he walks into our house when I am watching a game he says the usual "Is that Tug McGraw" bringing back all that anger and hostility that I have held since that day I had to wait for a freaking replay!
"McGraw entered game five in the seventh inning with the Phillies behind 3–2. He pitched three scoreless innings, while his team scored two ninth inning runs off Royals closer Dan Quisenberry to head back to Philadelphia with a 3–2 series lead.[31] McGraw entered game six of the World Series in the eighth inning with no outs, and runners on first and second, and the Phillies up, 4–0. He allowed one inherited base runner to score, but managed to get through the inning relatively unscathed. After giving up a walk and two singles to load the bases in the ninth inning, he struck out Willie Wilson, clinching the Phillies' first World Series championship"
So forgive me if I don't see your point haha .. I love alone as the I dont miss the action OR at least with a friend who knows the game and when to shut the bleep up and not say a word.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

well, of course my wife never actually played, but she has watched with me, and before me, for 33 yrs and knows as much if not more than most guys. She doesn't just watch with me to humour me, she absolutely loves the game, not as fanatical as I am, but she loves it just the same. Watching with my wife is like watching with a lifetime best football buddy.

p.s. why do you have to turn your head to answer someone. I never do when I am watching anything.