John Beck

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

There seems to be the perception among some on this forum that Travis Partridge may develop into a successful CFL QB with the Lions. I haven't seen enough of him to have anything approaching an informed opinion of him, but his combine measurables were none too good. He's slower than Lulay in straight-line speed, and far, far less agile--as that's measured by the 20-yard shuttle. On the other hand, he's a big guy and may have a cannon for an arm. Maybe we'll see him in relief of Glenn in the remaining games this season. I think I'd rather see him in that role than Beck, given that he's young and may have a future in the CFL.
Rammer
Team Captain

South Pender wrote:There seems to be the perception among some on this forum that Travis Partridge may develop into a successful CFL QB with the Lions. I haven't seen enough of him to have anything approaching an informed opinion of him, but his combine measurables were none too good. He's slower than Lulay in straight-line speed, and far, far less agile--as that's measured by the 20-yard shuttle. On the other hand, he's a big guy and may have a cannon for an arm. Maybe we'll see him in relief of Glenn in the remaining games this season. I think I'd rather see him in that role than Beck, given that he's young and may have a future in the CFL.
Partridge has that California beach boy swagger from what I have seen. That may work into his favour, may not, but he can force DL to take penalties in order to bring him down, as they will have to work to take him down. His arm looks pretty good and he didn't seem to worry about trying to thread it into receivers with success. He needs to learn the O, just too bad that our OL is so banged up that if either Beck or Partridge get playing time the Lions they can't rely on the running game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I had some high hopes for Chris Hart. What happened with him? I thought with his arm we would have kept him around. But I guess he lost out to Partridge and Beck. Is he even on the practice roster?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Honour Dewalt wrote:I had some high hopes for Chris Hart. What happened with him? I thought with his arm we would have kept him around. But I guess he lost out to Partridge and Beck. Is he even on the practice roster?
Cut in training camp. Might have a great arm but is lacking in other qualities.
Spud387
Champion

Wally said if Lulay is gone for the year (which is very likely) he is gonna add another QB. Unfortunately Elliot was picked up by Ottawa already ahah
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Troy Smith could be available soon :). But in seriousness, what's Adrian McPherson doing now?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Troy Smith could be available soon :). But in seriousness, what's Adrian McPherson doing now?
I believe he's in the Arena Football League
squishy35
Legend

Montreal now has Crompton..... something about this guy that I think is going to surprise the rest of the league for the rest of this year in regards to success for their offence with him pulling the trigger......
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Coast Mountain Lion wrote:Troy Smith could be available soon :). But in seriousness, what's Adrian McPherson doing now?
I believe he's in the Arena Football League
He was going to Calgary this year but got hurt.

http://cfl.ca/article/making-it-officia ... -mcpherson

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Sta ... story.html

I really think after all those years in Montreal he left too soon as AC was ever so nearer the end.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy