Lions vs. RedBlacks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

This freaking sucks
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Up to the D now with only :30 left. Lulay looks BAD.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The same shoulder Lulay injured last season. Doesn't look good
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Separated throwing shoulder? Sure looks like it. Damn
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:There goes the shoulder again.
That looks really really serious.

But need to wait I guess.

I still think that the QBs I admire the most are not the risk takers but the survivors who know they need to be healthy to help their teams.

Calls into question if it is the same injury bringing him back at all this year.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Fumble recovery erased by Bazzie offside :bang:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Heathcliff
Rookie

Once again Lulay is hung out to dry by the offensive play calling, tries to carry the team on his back and boom, shoulder injury. I wish I could honestly say I can't believe this but what else did I really expect :bang:
Spud387
Champion

Many bad things about this...
Lulay, throwing shoulder AGAIN, this could be career ending.
If we loose Lulay, that hurts fan confidence & branding, don;t expect any more people to start coming back to game days

Lulay :'(
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

3rd down, one more stop with :12 left. That should be it with the incompletion. TOD, ball game.

Costly win for the Lions.
Heathcliff
Rookie

This is the ugliest win I can remember seeing possibly ever. We get the points but to me this feels as much like a loss as a win can feel.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Heathcliff wrote:Once again Lulay is hung out to dry by the offensive play calling, tries to carry the team on his back and boom, shoulder injury. I wish I could honestly say I can't believe this but what else did I really expect :bang:
That was more freak than a play call but I will concede that the OL didn't help there. He lost the ball passing and went to recover it. I can't see him not making that effort but would Peyton Manning have dove on that? A Cavillo? Damon Allen? I dunno know.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Looks like it was 327 pounds worth of Brandon accidentally pancaking Lulay in the scramble that likely did the damage.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lions win the turnover battle 4-0 and they needed all of them to win the game. The loss of Lulay overshadows everything, though.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Again he reminds me of BUCK???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Heathcliff
Rookie

Toppy Vann wrote:
Heathcliff wrote:Once again Lulay is hung out to dry by the offensive play calling, tries to carry the team on his back and boom, shoulder injury. I wish I could honestly say I can't believe this but what else did I really expect :bang:
That was more freak than a play call but I will concede that the OL didn't help there. He lost the ball passing and went to recover it. I can't see him not making that effort but would Peyton Manning have dove on that? A Cavillo? Damon Allen? I dunno know.
I wasn't talking specifically about the play where he was injured as much as the fact that when you have offensive plays consistently breaking down resulting in the QB taking off and trying to make it happen with his feet, he faces a much higher risk of injury. That's where I see a similarity in this game and the Montreal game last year where Lulay was hurt. I just hope this isn't serious.