Lions vs. RedBlacks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

dupsdell1
Champion

I am done with this team BOARING BOARING, will not pay a dime to go see this team, or even for free have much better things to do with my evening then to waist my energy with this .
JohnHenry
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:I am done with this team BOARING BOARING, will not pay a dime to go see this team, or even for free have much better things to do with my evening then to waist my energy with this .
Good riddance you dupe! :good:
Rammer
Team Captain

dupsdell1 wrote:I am done with this team BOARING BOARING, will not pay a dime to go see this team, or even for free have much better things to do with my evening then to waist my energy with this .
I have that problem too, waisting my evenings away...

It was a bad game, Ottawa has had many more of those than the Lions this year. Lions are the best basement team East or West.
Entertainment value = an all time low
BC 1988
Legend

Rammer wrote:I have that problem too, waisting my evenings away...
LOL!!

That was a horror show of a game. I watch every CFL game on TSN by PVR, and I'd already seen this kind of defensive stalemate involving OTT several times already this season. It's a pity our Operation Orange contingent had to sit through that.

Lulay is his own worst enemy. He gets too frustrated, and tries to make things happen on his own. The fault both last year and this year is with the OC, putting him in these vulnerable situations.

Shoulder separation will likely keep him out for weeks, given how fragile the surgically repaired area already is.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:
Rammer wrote:I have that problem too, waisting my evenings away...
LOL!!

That was a horror show of a game. I watch every CFL game on TSN by PVR, and I'd already seen this kind of defensive stalemate involving OTT several times already this season. It's a pity our Operation Orange contingent had to sit through that.

Lulay is his own worst enemy. He gets too frustrated, and tries to make things happen on his own. The fault both last year and this year is with the OC, putting him in these vulnerable situations.

Shoulder separation will likely keep him out for weeks, given how fragile the surgically repaired area already is.
I've already resigned myself that he's done for the year and we go as far as Glenn takes us.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
rb
Champion

BC 1988 wrote:
If it was a separation it wouldn't be popped back into place. Sounds like a dislocation, which in the short term often heals more quickly than a separation but is also indicative of joint instability and therefore much more likely to result in recurring injury and long-term damage (e.g., to the nerves) than a separation-- especially following two previous injuries.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote: ..... It's a pity our Operation Orange contingent had to sit through that. ......
Thanks for thinking of us :good:

You're all right it was not a classic! Last OperationOrange I watched the Lions DEMOLISH the Bombers in the Bombers new stadium....

While the game was not amazing it was a special evening nonetheless. Watching the rain blow UPWARDS, into our area (near the scoreboard).

I was surprised the game wasn't put on hold earlier. We had a strong electrical storm in the area about 4 hours prior to kickoff and rumours more may return.

The Lions played their hearts out and were a jovial friendly bunch throughout this trip as always. Glad I got to see Ottawa, even though the game was not a classic....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

How was Lulay on the plane back ?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:How was Lulay on the plane back ?
Quiet, didn't seem to move around much. Tried to steer clear of players unless they opened up first, just because its obvious they are sore and tired...

Ryan Phillips was a bundle of energy. Lots to say and spent lots of time interacting with fans on the flight home.

Ronnie Yell seemed quiet, wearing dark glasses. Hope he's okay. That hit LOOKED AWFUL in the stadium. Even he was smiling and making fun by flights end....
Dusty
Champion

I was off the grid all weekend so only learned of the game and Lulay's injury tonight. I've been watching all the videos I can grab and methinks that it might have been getting squished by Brandon that knocked out the shoulder. If so, that's the unkindest cut of all.... This year really is the year of the cursed for the O Line.....
Hambone wrote:Looks like it was 327 pounds worth of Brandon accidentally pancaking Lulay in the scramble that likely did the damage.
EDJ
prospect

B.C.FAN wrote: Jamall Johnson is not an option and has been a non-factor on defence since being reacquired this year. And he has never been a regular middle linebacker, in B.C. or Hamilton. This year he has just 4 defensive tackles and 1 pass knockdown in 9 games. He ranks fourth on the team with 8 special teams tackles but he had no stats in 2 games, on defence or special teams.

Really B.C. Fan?!? Don't you need to play to have stats? I thought that would be pretty easy to see. He took a backup role to ensure that someone of quality was there to cover when Solly or Biggie get hurt (which has been yearly). What more would you like from him since you say he doesn't have any stats - but you clearly can see he's not on the field?? His stats on D came when he finished the game after Solly was hurt - isn't that how one gets stats? By playing. Just so tired of these types of unfounded comments
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

EDJ wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote: Jamall Johnson is not an option and has been a non-factor on defence since being reacquired this year. And he has never been a regular middle linebacker, in B.C. or Hamilton. This year he has just 4 defensive tackles and 1 pass knockdown in 9 games. He ranks fourth on the team with 8 special teams tackles but he had no stats in 2 games, on defence or special teams.

Really B.C. Fan?!? Don't you need to play to have stats? I thought that would be pretty easy to see. He took a backup role to ensure that someone of quality was there to cover when Solly or Biggie get hurt (which has been yearly). What more would you like from him since you say he doesn't have any stats - but you clearly can see he's not on the field?? His stats on D came when he finished the game after Solly was hurt - isn't that how one gets stats? By playing. Just so tired of these types of unfounded comments
You're taking my comment from two weeks ago out of context. There's no question that Johnson is on the roster for depth and experience on STs and to step in when Elimimian or Bighill are hurt. My point was that Johnson wasn't an option to replace Elimimian when he got hurt. In that case, Bighill slides over to replace Elimimian and Johnson fills in on the weak side where he played in Hamilton. You can form your own optinion on how effective he's been when given a chance on defence.