Cord Parks extended.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=460835

Another one of those players that seem to fit in seamlessly :cool: but the players themselves deserve credit... Glad he'll be in orange for a bit yet....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

One of the keys in the secondary. Great tackler.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Terrific player. Yell seems cut from the same cloth. IMO we are loaded with talent on defence.

D Line. I do not see any possibility of an upgrade over these stalwarts at this time.

LBs. Great group.

DBs. Great skill.

No game breaker or play maker at safety, it seems to me, but the staff seems content with J.R. LaRose.

Personally, as a fan, I would like to see more of an attack philosophy on defence. More sacks. More turnovers. More pressure on the QB. More blitzes. But that does not seem to be the approach of Mark Washington.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:....Personally, as a fan, I would like to see more of an attack philosophy on defence. More sacks. More turnovers. More pressure on the QB. More blitzes. But that does not seem to be the approach of Mark Washington.

Yup, that kinda defence is fun to watch and fun to cheer on. :good:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Congratulations to Parks. I hope he can enjoy longevity of some of his more senior teammates in the seoncdary. That's been a position of strength for the Lions for many years.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:....Personally, as a fan, I would like to see more of an attack philosophy on defence. More sacks. More turnovers. More pressure on the QB. More blitzes. But that does not seem to be the approach of Mark Washington.

Yup, that kinda defence is fun to watch and fun to cheer on. :good:
Benevides promised a more attacking defence. Still waiting for that to happen. It was great watching a Don Matthew defence at work.
leo4life
All Star

Washington talked all off season about being an attack style defence and "get after some people"...dont see it...Benny also talked about being an aggressive physical style D...not seeing it...I find Benny even more conservative then Wally...maybe hes tell Washington to play the soft D style he called when he was our DC...this team has the talent to get after it
Rodu
Champion

I wonder if the poor pressure our front four has effected Washington's play calling
Rammer
Team Captain

leo4life wrote:Washington talked all off season about being an attack style defence and "get after some people"...dont see it...Benny also talked about being an aggressive physical style D...not seeing it...I find Benny even more conservative then Wally...maybe hes tell Washington to play the soft D style he called when he was our DC...this team has the talent to get after it
It is a tough place when this board has more attacking on the D than the D does in games. I would also like to see more pressure by the Lions D, but in reality, when they have blitzed, they haven't been effective enough to warrant sacraficing on the backend. I would bet if you asked Bighill what he would like to do on D and it would be more stunts to get after the QB. Way too often the Lions LB'ers get picked up easily with little penetration. That also exposes the Lions weakest point on the defensive side, and can easily provide a big play for the opposition.
Entertainment value = an all time low