Rick Ball Moving to Calgary...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Daved Benefield is working for Bartle and Gibson and doing some Shaw colour on CFL stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/davedbenefield?fref=ts

I too like the MOJ's shows as he can make every guest talk like an old friend.

He normally doesn't waste time yakking about the latest movies as so many do - or who looks hot - just to fill time to the next break.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:
smphantom wrote:Let's now hope TSN Radio will eliminate Pratt and Bro Jake! Please?
They were joking this morning about all the announcements of the Sept 8th official TSN Radio launch. "Ooh, sounds ominous" .

As a long time regular Monday-Friday listener since TEAM launched, I'd love to see them gone too.

I like Sekeres & Price, B-Mac &Taylor, and the Moj when I get a chance to listen to his time slot, but the morning show is excruciating to listen to.
I don't know when this started — probably around the time they rebranded from TEAM to TSN — but I see the 12-1pm hour of Sekeres's show is now simulcast live on TSN. Unfortunately it's pretty much totally devoted to the Canucks; they even call it "Vancouver Hockey Lunch". I guess now that Rogers has the contract leaving TSN with virtually no NHL action to show (except for a small number of regional games?) they need to find other ways of maintaining their hockey content. I don't hate hockey or anything, and I wouldn't be tuning in much for the TV broadcast anyway but I would prefer something with a broader scope. I suppose that hour of Sekeres's show was already Canucks-focussed anyway, even before it landed on TV.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Spud387
Champion

sj-roc wrote:
BC 1988 wrote:
smphantom wrote:Let's now hope TSN Radio will eliminate Pratt and Bro Jake! Please?
They were joking this morning about all the announcements of the Sept 8th official TSN Radio launch. "Ooh, sounds ominous" .

As a long time regular Monday-Friday listener since TEAM launched, I'd love to see them gone too.

I like Sekeres & Price, B-Mac &Taylor, and the Moj when I get a chance to listen to his time slot, but the morning show is excruciating to listen to.
I don't know when this started — probably around the time they rebranded from TEAM to TSN — but I see the 12-1pm hour of Sekeres's show is now simulcast live on TSN. Unfortunately it's pretty much totally devoted to the Canucks; they even call it "Vancouver Hockey Lunch". I guess now that Rogers has the contract leaving TSN with virtually no NHL action to show (except for a small number of regional games?) they need to find other ways of maintaining their hockey content. I don't hate hockey or anything, and I wouldn't be tuning in much for the TV broadcast anyway but I would prefer something with a broader scope. I suppose that hour of Sekeres's show was already Canucks-focussed anyway, even before it landed on TV.
TEAM1040 (now TSN) has always had the Canucks lunch on weekdays. Used to be 12-1, now it is 11-1 with the season ongoing. This is nothing new.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:TEAM1040 (now TSN) has always had the Canucks lunch on weekdays. Used to be 12-1, now it is 11-1 with the season ongoing. This is nothing new.
As I thought. Only the TV simulcast is relatively new. I gave them props over the summer for their balance of coverage at that time but knew things would tilt away from this state once summer ended.

If I'm not mistaken, they also do a Canucks breakfast hour during the morning show.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Canucks discussion on Thursday's noon-hour show sounded a lot like a Lions' discussion. The poll question was: Why aren't you buying Canucks tickets? The most common reasons I heard seemed to be high prices, poor management and coaching and the difficulty of getting into "the greenest city on earth" by car from the east. The widespread availability of HD game broadcasts wasn't one of the poll options and I didn't hear anyone mention it, although it seems to always come up when Lions' attendance is discussed.