Lions guarantee win over ‘Riders Sunday

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports · Sep 8

7-8,000 tickets have been redeemed by #BCLions fans so far from 'guaranteed win' night.

DH :cool:
Only 24K more to go. The cost factor seems to be more in the loss than the tickets.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Well I redeemed my 'free ticket' due to the loss of the guaranteed win but I really wish I was paying more money because I had to buy a ticket for a home playoff game. Its seemed like ages since I've had to pay for a home playoff game. Its a problem I want to have again..... :cool:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/footb ... story.html

Well its not a 'guarantee' but Harris has a goal of getting 250 yards versus the Bombers. Can't accuse him of setting his sights too low :rotf:

I would like to see that game. I know running the ball is not exciting for many fans but seeing the ball run down the throats of an oppossing defence is something I am MORE THAN HAPPY to watch Saturday night. The Lions need to win badly (as they do every week) and a dominating run game will send me home happy while probably setting up some decent passing numbers too. Sorry Andrew, I don't think you are going to get 250 yards, I hope you prove me wrong......
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Harris is talking about the team rushing for 250 yards, but still that's something the Lions haven't done in five years. I know he's trying to rally his teammates and light a fire in them but that type of talk just becomes bulletin board material for the opponent and makes it tougher for the Lions to run the ball.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Harris is talking about the team rushing for 250 yards, but still that's something the Lions haven't done in five years. I know he's trying to rally his teammates and light a fire in them but that type of talk just becomes bulletin board material for the opponent and makes it tougher for the Lions to run the ball.
Exactly, Lions don't know when to stop offering up bulletin board material. Bombers may be hurt on the defensive side, with a tackle going done this week, but those guys on the other side of the ball have pride as well. Harris will be a target now, or perhaps it is the bluff the Lions are trying to pull off and are going to pass all night long.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports · Sep 8

7-8,000 tickets have been redeemed by #BCLions fans so far from 'guaranteed win' night.

DH :cool:
The gift that keeps on giving. More not so great news coming out of the marketing Hail Mary by Skulsky.

I think you'll never see that trick again in the CFL.

Great case study for Marketing 101 classes.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

It looks like quite a bit less than 33,196 free tickets will be redeemed, given the deadline for the offer is 11:59pm Monday night.

My friend and I elected to use them for WPG. I doubt if many will use them for TOR or OTT.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Quite a few Rider fans said they were going to redeem their tickets and donate them to charity for others to use. Obviously the guarantee was something they really didn't care too much about, they just wanted to watch their team win. Weird thing is that is what I wanted to happen too, I didn't want the free ticket, I wanted a Lions win. Oh well, next year but no guarantees please Skulsky..... :cool: