Changes in Montreal

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hawkballer 14
Champion

cromartie wrote:
Hambone wrote:Montreal is trying to put him on the 6 game list but sounds like he's balking at that idea.
That's a good career move.

Sincerely,

Cleo Lemon
I have to agree with Troy Smith here.

A pro football player's career is short as is, without being jerked around by a CFL team for a full season; If I'm Troy, I'm hoping that the team cuts me loose if they don't want me. The NFL season is just getting going, there will be back-up jobs coming available; his struggles in the CFL can be explained by having to adjust to a totally different game (rules/motion/number of players/etc), being in the spotlight is three steps up from holding a clipboard and wearing a ballcap.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
I have to agree with Troy Smith here.

A pro football player's career is short as is, without being jerked around by a CFL team for a full season; If I'm Troy, I'm hoping that the team cuts me loose if they don't want me. The NFL season is just getting going, there will be back-up jobs coming available; his struggles in the CFL can be explained by having to adjust to a totally different game (rules/motion/number of players/etc), being in the spotlight is three steps up from holding a clipboard and wearing a ballcap.
Troy Smith was nothing more than an offseason body for the Steelers the last time he was even in the NFL. His last significant playing time was in Omaha. He's also 30.

He has no NFL prospects. He hasn't had any, really, since 2010. He's not good enough to be a #2 in the NFL, and he's too old to be a #3. If I were his agent, I'd suggest taking the six game, getting his *bleep* together and learning the Canadian game, otherwise, his next stop is with the Columbus Beast of the IXFL.