Lions 36 - TiCats 29 -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hawkballer 14
Champion

Toppy Vann wrote:We all know it is not how you start the season but how you finish that determines your success and that fans will remember but if the team is not playing well early it affects the gate big time.

But to motivate fans to come to games you need to play exciting football too.
This definitely plays a part, I won't lie.

I think that the city of Vancouver itself also plays a substantial role in the gate, or "lack of attendance" as some say. Vancouver in the summer, is probably one of the more beautiful places in the world; being at a Lions game inside the dome on a sunny July/August evening just doesn't hold much appeal. When the weather turns (ie: after Labor Day), then it becomes a lot more viable of a consumer option.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
It means that you're over-reacting to games in the early portion of the season, games which were played with our franchise QB in street clothes.

Marathon, not a sprint...
No, I was throwing out a line that, I thought anyway, was funny. IT'S A JOKE. :clown:
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Lions4ever wrote:
Hawkballer 14 wrote:
It means that you're over-reacting to games in the early portion of the season, games which were played with our franchise QB in street clothes.

No, I was throwing out a line that, I thought anyway, was funny. IT'S A JOKE. :clown:
I guess, in the future, you need to do a better job of making it clear when you're trying to be funny.

Sarcasm doesn't translate that well on-line.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
Hawkballer 14 wrote:

I guess, in the future, you need to do a better job of making it clear when you're trying to be funny.

Sarcasm doesn't translate that well on-line.
OK thanks for the advice there Chief.