Lions 36 - TiCats 29 -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Would hate to see what this thread is like had the Lions lost.
I'd prob'ly have thrown kerosene on my monitor and tried to light it.
Blitz
Team Captain

Lions4ever wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Would hate to see what this thread is like had the Lions lost.
We`re a 4-3 team that is tied for last place in the West and just squeaked by a 1-5 Hamilton team while playing at home. The time for a Lionbacker standing ovation for our Lions has not yet arrived.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
leo4life
All Star

Like Bill Parcells would say: "Your record says what you are"
David
Team Captain

What would you guys say has been our best and worst games this season?

To me, best was July 12 in Regina . Worst was July 4 in Montreal.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:What would you guys say has been our best and worst games this season?

To me, best was July 12 in Regina . Worst was July 4 in Montreal.

X2 Lions have yet to play a full 60 minutes IMO
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Blitz wrote:We`re a 4-3 team that is tied for last place in the West and just squeaked by a 1-5 Hamilton team while playing at home. The time for a Lionbacker standing ovation for our Lions has not yet arrived.
It's easy to knock Hamilton but they are much better than their 1-5 record indicates. Their record almost deserves an asterisk. In many ways their season to date has echoed BC's 2011 season. So far they've played 4 of 6 on the road with both home games not being true home games having been played at McMaster capacity 6500. As Lions fans we can painfully attest to the debilitating impact of the "home away from home" factor. For all intents those Tempire games were more like road games that just happened to be played within the city limits. With the exception of their season opening 31-10 loss in a driving rain storm in Regina the Ticats have been in every game right to the final whistle. Aside from that game they'd gone into the final 3 minutes either holding the lead or trailing by 3 or less. While it's true BC just squeaked by them it's also true that Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg also just squeaked by Hamilton with all but Winnipeg having to do so at home.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Blitz wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
We`re a 4-3 team that is tied for last place in the West and just squeaked by a 1-5 Hamilton team while playing at home. The time for a Lionbacker standing ovation for our Lions has not yet arrived.
:checks calendar: Still beginning of August. :popcorn:
pennw
Legend

Blitz wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
We are also only one win out of first place and have a chance of getting even with Winnipeg with a win over the Argos this weekend . Some may say we won't be able to compete with the best in the west , but that's forgetting that we've already beaten the Riders and Stamps in their own ball parks . Now there's the glass half full view. :wink:
The_Pauser
Legend

pennw wrote: We are also only one win out of first place and have a chance of getting even with Winnipeg with a win over the Argos this weekend . Some may say we won't be able to compete with the best in the west , but that's forgetting that we've already beaten the Riders and Stamps in their own ball parks . Now there's the glass half full view. :wink:
That, and really, we should have won that Edmonton game. We had the win in our hands and just let it slip away late.

I'm not that down on this team. I think this team has shown that when the chips are down in "must-win" scenarios they can come together and pull it out. And that's without Travis Lulay in the lineup. Will we finish 1st in the West? Probably not. But are we a playoff team? I'd be stunned if we aren't.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions are getting better every game which is a very encouraging sign. The offensive line which was the topic of major criticisms earlier have stabilized and is getting better although there is still a lot room for improvement.
David
Team Captain

"Will we finish 1st in the West? Probably not. But are we a playoff team? I'd be stunned if we aren't."

Signed,

Stamps
Esks
Bombers
Riders

Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Lions are getting better every game which is a very encouraging sign. The offensive line which was the topic of major criticisms earlier have stabilized and is getting better although there is still a lot room for improvement.
If we're looking for the glass-half-full view, here are the teams ranked by their records since July 5:

B.C. 4-1
Cal 4-1
Edm 3-1
Sas 3-1
Wpg 3-3
Tor 2-3
Ham 1-3
Ott 1-4
Mon 0-4

And the Lions achieved that record with their second-string QB. :beauty:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
Who gives a s*** what the calendar says? What difference does that make to how I feel about a particular game? I do not understand this reply.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Lions4ever wrote:
Hawkballer 14 wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
Who gives a s*** what the calendar says? What difference does that make to how I feel about a particular game? I do not understand this reply.
It means that you're over-reacting to games in the early portion of the season, games which were played with our franchise QB in street clothes.

Marathon, not a sprint...
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

We all know it is not how you start the season but how you finish that determines your success and that fans will remember but if the team is not playing well early it affects the gate big time.

But to motivate fans to come to games you need to play exciting football too.

This score line was good but if these low scores keep in place this year like in some games some fans could lose interest and stay home or change channels. What most fans love in the CFL is the scoring and our rules that keep the ball in play until the last seconds - unlike the NFL which if they were smart would reduce time to get a ball in play and run the clock a la the CFL in the final minutes. I suspect Marc Trestman would support that as he loves coaching in that environment as it is more challenging. Fans would love it.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy