Two Buffalo Bulls make a big impact in the CFL this week

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ubbullrun
prospect

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/8/2/59616 ... n-two-days

Thursday Night down 26-20 with 100 seconds left Drew Willy marched his Winnipeg Blue Bombers 93 yards. With one play left, Winnipeg needed a touchdown. Willy magic prevailed, throwing a 2-yard game tying touchdown with no time remaining, and the ensuing extra point gave Winnipeg the win.

down 24-19 with 92 seconds to go, Kevin Glenn found an open Ernest Jackson who caught the pass, then cut into the middle of the field to break away from would-be tacklers and into the end zone. The 65-yard TD reception was EJ's first TD reception in two seasons.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

ubbullrun wrote:http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/8/2/59616 ... n-two-days

Thursday Night down 26-20 with 100 seconds left Drew Willy marched his Winnipeg Blue Bombers 93 yards. With one play left, Winnipeg needed a touchdown. Willy magic prevailed, throwing a 2-yard game tying touchdown with no time remaining, and the ensuing extra point gave Winnipeg the win.

down 24-19 with 92 seconds to go, Kevin Glenn found an open Ernest Jackson who caught the pass, then cut into the middle of the field to break away from would-be tacklers and into the end zone. The 65-yard TD reception was EJ's first TD reception in two seasons.
I had a feeling EJ's TD wouldn't escape your notice!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I'm glad EJ had the game winning TD partly because of the 3 international receivers he has been the least productive and needed some big plays to stay on the active roster. Mission accomplished, imo.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Hey, look. Let the guys enjoy their wins. Don't remind them of their unfortunate choice in colleges. ;)
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I love the MAC. The CFL does too. Go Dan LeFevour! (Except against BC tho').
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:I love the MAC. The CFL does too. Go Dan LeFevour! (Except against BC tho').
As do I, being a Toledo alum. I was just pulling the poster's leg. Nothing beats MACtion!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

cromartie wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:I love the MAC. The CFL does too. Go Dan LeFevour! (Except against BC tho').
As do I, being a Toledo alum. I was just pulling the poster's leg. Nothing beats MACtion!

I'm a U. of Akron alum. but I am so old it was before they were in the MAC. :wink: