Lions vs. Stamps Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:I thought it was an iffy call on GORE but unnecessary for him to try to stay on the block.

That run play where Harris rambled for over 70 yards was a run play we introduced towards the end of last season...and surprised we haven't used it more.

We really should have been using Harris much more in the first three quarters...

Less than 2 minutes left and we can still win this game...key play calls coming up...Stubler will blitz a linebacker if he sees us go five receiver set..and will likely have a man on HARRIS but Harris is amped...give him the rock.
On the Gore holding call, if the Refs called that every time a player held like that, there would be flags for holding on every play. Terrible influencing the game call, just terrible.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

randymeeks wrote:Seeing those 2 Stamps players collide reminded me of watching the Eskimos collide enroute to the bombers and Lions scoring way back when.
Not sure if you mean the 100+ yd Stegall TD on the last play, or the ~65yd last-minute Geroy major at Commonwealth.

Oh now I get it. You mean BOTH.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
randymeeks wrote:Seeing those 2 Stamps players collide reminded me of watching the Eskimos collide enroute to the bombers and Lions scoring way back when.
Not sure if you mean the 100+ yd Stegall TD on the last play, or the ~65yd last-minute Geroy major at Commonwealth.

Oh now I get it. You mean BOTH.
Yes he does, it is good memories on both plays for me. Esks losses are enjoyable.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Blitz wrote:I thought it was an iffy call on GORE but unnecessary for him to try to stay on the block.

That run play where Harris rambled for over 70 yards was a run play we introduced towards the end of last season...and surprised we haven't used it more.

We really should have been using Harris much more in the first three quarters...

Less than 2 minutes left and we can still win this game...key play calls coming up...Stubler will blitz a linebacker if he sees us go five receiver set..and will likely have a man on HARRIS but Harris is amped...give him the rock.
On the Gore holding call, if the Refs called that every time a player held like that, there would be flags for holding on every play. Terrible influencing the game call, just terrible.
Two words: Andre Proulx
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Rammer wrote:

Two words: Andre Proulx
His crew won't be reffing many playoff games. Interesting to me though, is with the challenge on the PI's this year, do you see as many calls that the refs are missing this season? Not near as many challenges this year as there would have been every year up to this, perhaps that should be given further thought and maybe one big challenge per game for point swings, or plays over 40 yards could be reviewed as well. Would the boothhave the balls to overturn a holding call like that?
pennw
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:No more talk about Bo Levi Mitchell and his record 7 straight victory as a starter.
Mitchell might have been the most overrated 7-0 starter in league history had the Stamps won. Would take Drew Willy in a heartbeat over him.
Couldn't agree more , all the gushing by dunnigan over this guy was worse than his Malllet gushing . Good thing PVR's were invented so you can skip past that stuff .
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:No more talk about Bo Levi Mitchell and his record 7 straight victory as a starter.
Mitchell might have been the most overrated 7-0 starter in league history had the Stamps won. Would take Drew Willy in a heartbeat over him.
Couldn't agree more , all the gushing by dunnigan over this guy was worse than his Malllet gushing . Good thing PVR's were invented so you can skip past that stuff .
I usually just listen to 1040 and mute the TV. Yeah, he ran all over us in the 1st half but how many rushing yards in the 2nd half? Something like 10 or 15?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
pennw wrote:
SammyGreene wrote:
I usually just listen to 1040 and mute the TV. Yeah, he ran all over us in the 1st half but how many rushing yards in the 2nd half? Something like 10 or 15?
Plus that second half the Stamps were playing downhill, so you would expect them to use the goto RB, thankfully the Lions have a Bighill to climb and were able to Elimimain him in the second half.
pennw
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
pennw wrote:
SammyGreene wrote: Mitchell might have been the most overrated 7-0 starter in league history had the Stamps won. Would take Drew Willy in a heartbeat over him.
You find that the radio and TV feed are timed the same? I thought they didn't match , but haven't tried the radio in awhile , mostly due to the fact that by PVRing games I can skip all the commercials and other annoying stuff like commentators going on and on about certain things .
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:You find that the radio and TV feed are timed the same? I thought they didn't match , but haven't tried the radio in awhile , mostly due to the fact that by PVRing games I can skip all the commercials and other annoying stuff like commentators going on and on about certain things .
Radio is always ahead but the amount varies — sometimes just a second or two, others as much as five or six but I honestly don't mind it; it makes me pay closer attention on big plays and helps me choose what to focus on. Tonight it was probably two or three seconds.

If radio lagged I would HATE it but I can't ever recall this being the case.

Moj & Burns on the post-game tonight have been taking a stick to "Bad Crew" Proulx.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another advantage of the radio is not having to watch or listen to that Wendy commercial
pennw
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:Another advantage of the radio is not having to watch or listen to that Wendy commercial
Actually you don't have to with a pvr either , in fact you don't have to watch any , love the 30 second skip button . It's just skip-skip-skip until the game reappears . now if they just figured out a way to integrate the radio feed with the TV that would real nice .
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Another advantage of the radio is not having to watch or listen to that Wendy commercial
I can't get to the "MUTE" button on the remote fast enough.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
I can't get to the "MUTE" button on the remote fast enough.
Actually you get the Wendy's ads on 1040, too. Meggings.
David
Team Captain

One of the most egregiously awful ad campaigns in recent memory. The Eric Carmen version was barely tolerable. The Celine Dion version, less so. The redhead's in the ad (or whomever she's lip-synching for) is like someone driving fingernails down a chalkboard with one hand while popping bubble wrap with the other.

Maybe it was masterminded by the league office. The frequency with which we're treated to this abomination is going to drive CFL to live games in their area just so they don't have to suffer through it 30x a telecast.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar