Lions 41 - Alouettes 5 -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

According to the Province:

The 62 passing yards allowed by the Lions to Montreal Saturday marked the first time in nearly four decades since they were similarly stingy.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
almo89
Legend

Montreal won't be able to blame the time difference anymore. Didn't matter what time the game started, they were still gonna get throttled with what they showed.
Rammer
Team Captain

almo89 wrote:Montreal won't be able to blame the time difference anymore. Didn't matter what time the game started, they were still gonna get throttled with what they showed.
Dispelling one conspiracy theory at a time.

Time zone change affecting oppositions internal clocks....check mark.
Time clock working in Lions favour....definitely can't conclude that after last game, as it wasn't working at all and the Lions were cruising when that happened.
Pumped in crowd noise....even Rod Peterson wasn't able to prove that.
Entertainment value = an all time low
notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://cfl.ca/article/cfl-fines-three-p ... -incidents

Khreem Smith was fined for his part in the pre-game altercation. I missed this of course. It may have happened even before the doors were open but this was one of the odd games I missed most of the warmups. Certainly seems Smith sent a message to the guys on both benches and had himself a solid game (including a blocked punt). Guess it doesn't pay physically to lip him off.....