Alouettes @ Lions, July 19, 2014 Preview & Depth Chart

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Depth chart ...

Steward at LT. :thup: Might not be smooth sailing, but bodes well for the future. Fabien also played tackle in college. As did T Dre Player. Let's build that O Line with high quality nationals.

Yes, Hardrick at backup LT.

Thorn at backup ahead of Player, who is on the 1 game IR. I wonder if they consider Player undersized at his listed 275 lbs.

Iannuzzi on the 46.

As are Brown, Lochard and Antwi. Getting curious about Antwi. His status is above PR level?

Poblah ahead of Haidara? Dunno about that. Poblah has suspect hands. Route running? Getting open? RAC? Has good size, athleticism and passport.

(Thank you, sj. No point in confoosin' the folks.)
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
pennw
Legend

Kahlief Mitchell is out ?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:Kahlief Mitchell is out ?
On the 1 game injured list
Rammer
Team Captain

Moj called out Mitchell on the Rider game, suggesting that he can play much much better. I didn't look at Mitchell's game much, but he certainly didn't stand out on any play that I recall.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Rammer wrote:
Moj called out Mitchell on the Rider game, suggesting that he can play much much better. I didn't look at Mitchell's game much, but he certainly didn't stand out on any play that I recall.
I noticed that in at least some situations Mitchell was the contain guy and slid over to where the blitzing end and LB blitzed from. :rockin:
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Any time zone advantage the Lions used to enjoy when the Als played in Vancouver has been negated in recent years with the CFL scheduling this game in the afternoon. While I love any home field advantage we might get, it is a good move by the league to try to make the schedule as fair to both teams as possible.

I had the chance to see the Als at BC a few times when kick off was at 7 or 7:30PM and you could see the visitors wilting in the second half.