Ernest Jackson Earns the Lion's Share of the BC Passing Game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ubbullrun
prospect

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/7/10/5884 ... ssing-game

EJ plays Saskatchewan again this Saturday as his 0-2 Lions travel to Regina in search of their first win of the season. The Roughriders shut down Hamilton's passing game at home in week one, only allowing 159 yards passing, but last week, Toronto exploded for 331 yards passing against the Riders. Hopefully Ernest Jackson has another big game against Saskatchewan and this time leads the Lions to their first victory of the season.

STAT OF THE WEEK

Ernest Jackson has one career receiving touchdown in the CFL. He scored on a brilliant diving grab on September 8, 2012. It's been 1 year, 10 months and a few days since he grabbed a receiving TD, let's hope the streak ends on Saturday.
Blitz
Team Captain

Ekrnest Jackon has been our leading receiver in each of our first two games. I was a Nick Moore, Courtney Taylor, and Ernest Jackson fan before any of them ever started for our Leos...just thought all three had talent. Happy to see it is working out for all three, although I wish Nick Moore has stayed.

Ernest is a big body who is fearless in terms of going for the tough catch. He looked very good in 2012 but hardly saw the field last season. Happy he is getting the opportunity.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Odie
Rookie

Sounds like Jackson was hurt in practice.... he will not likely be available for the Sask. game.

I would love to see the lions give Stephen Adekolu a shot in a game. He looked like the best receiver on the field during the preseason and is a tall, smart receiver who looks to be running solid routes. While be may not have the skill set of Jackson just yet, he does present an interesting option for our leos. As a non-import (national) receiver, he could potentially allow the lions to start 3 or 4 national receivers and open up the ratio to insert, amongst other things, an International safety...
pennw
Legend

Odie wrote:I would love to see the lions give Stephen Adekolu a shot in a game. He looked like the best receiver on the field during the preseason and is a tall, smart receiver who looks to be running solid routes. While be may not have the skill set of Jackson just yet, he does present an interesting option for our leos. As a non-import (national) receiver, he could potentially allow the lions to start 3 or 4 national receivers and open up the ratio to insert, amongst other things, an International safety...
I can't understand why he wasn't in ahead of Poblah.