Riders arrange trade with Argos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

don't know why the argos would want him. argos D looked pretty good already. why mess with a good thing? could be a minus for team chemestry
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Dwight Anderson laughingly concedes Iesha has helped him grow up over their 10 years together, offering him advice on football (“I get texts from her at halftime. We go in at halftime and she’s letting me know how the first half went!” Dwight said) but also on life in general.
Why is he checking his texts at halftime ? Should be focused on the game at hand.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

KnowItAll wrote:Don't know why the argos would want him. argos D looked pretty good already. why mess with a good thing? could be a minus for team chemestry
I think Anderson is one of those guys who can be OK with a new team for the first year before his act starts wearing thin. The Argos methinks aren't looking for a shelflife of anything more than the rest of this year. Should be interesting to watch the Riders return match with the Argos that conveniently happens at Mosaic in the Riders next tilt after they play the Lions.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

I also see the Argos have lost Andre Durie to a broken clavicle. They have placed him on the 6-game. I wonder if Barker would be interested in one Mr. Marco Iannuzzi? Wally was on the radio today playing him up like "we need to get our injured starters back and Marco should be ready this week." Wally mentioned the need to get him back a couple of times. Interesting.....

https://soundcloud.com/team-radio-inter ... how-july-7

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:I also see the Argos have lost Andre Durie to a broken clavicle. They have placed him on the 6-game. I wonder if Barker would be interested in one Mr. Marco Iannuzzi? Wally was on the radio today playing him up like "we need to get our injured starters back and Marco should be ready this week." Wally mentioned the need to get him back a couple of times. Interesting.....

Thanks for the link. That was a pretty good interview with Wally. I liked the quote at the end: "Players think that they get paid to play, but really they get paid to win".
Rammer
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
David wrote:I also see the Argos have lost Andre Durie to a broken clavicle. They have placed him on the 6-game. I wonder if Barker would be interested in one Mr. Marco Iannuzzi? Wally was on the radio today playing him up like "we need to get our injured starters back and Marco should be ready this week." Wally mentioned the need to get him back a couple of times. Interesting.....

Thanks for the link. That was a pretty good interview with Wally. I liked the quote at the end: "Players think that they get paid to play, but really they get paid to win".
If players get paid to win, then coaches get paid for nothing so far. There is noway for a team to not show intensity by game 3 given the 0 - 2 start without any. Jobs had better be on the line, coaches should know that it is time to earn some of that pay that they signed on for, as there is enough talent on this team to have 2 wins to start the season.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

On his weekly radio show Monday night, Bene made the same points as Wally that the Lions have been missing four starters on offence (I guess it's five if you count Lulay) but that Arceneaux and Iannuzzi are close to coming back and they'll give the receiving corps a big lift when they do. I was surprised how much Wally and Bene both praised Iannuzzi as a valuable missing piece of the offence. Wally and Bene also talked optimistically about the progress being made by Kirby Fabien and Hunter Steward in their recovery.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

All teams suffer injuries, good teams overcome them with depth.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:All teams suffer injuries, good teams overcome them with depth.
With the REDBLACKS getting to cherry pick Nationals from all the teams, just about all the teams are suffering with lack of depth.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Sure hope the rumour that Banks may be on the Riders wish list is wrong. I'd hate to have another long-term Leo playing out his career in green. For his sake, I get it fine, he deserves to play but long-term Leos finishing in Riderland? :puke:
MexicoLionFan
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:All teams suffer injuries, good teams overcome them with depth.
Exactly, none of the injuries on offence are to blame for their horrendous performance...good teams just keep on trucking without a hitch...we are not a good football organization right now and that's on Wally.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:Sure hope the rumour that Banks may be on the Riders wish list is wrong. I'd hate to have another long-term Leo playing out his career in green. For his sake, I get it fine, he deserves to play but long-term Leos finishing in Riderland? :puke:
Lion players are being sent out to greener pastures prior to retirement. If he couldn't cut it in Winnipeg, I don't see the need for Banks here though, he isn't the Banks of 2012 and with our current problem in schemes, he isn't going to be the saviour.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Riders have just signed Jerome Messam, the player I was hoping the Leos would sign again for running back depth. I would expect them to insert him in their line-up on Saturday.
B.C.FAN wrote:On his weekly radio show Monday night, Bene made the same points as Wally that the Lions have been missing four starters on offence (I guess it's five if you count Lulay) but that Arceneaux and Iannuzzi are close to coming back and they'll give the receiving corps a big lift when they do. I was surprised how much Wally and Bene both praised Iannuzzi as a valuable missing piece of the offence. Wally and Bene also talked optimistically about the progress being made by Kirby Fabien and Hunter Steward in their recovery.
Yea, this is what I was getting at BCF. There is a disconnect here. LU has been reporting that the Leos have been shopping Marco, he's on the "outs," and that he's been a healthy scratch.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Riders have just signed Jerome Messam, the player I was hoping the Leos would sign again for running back depth. I would expect them to insert him in their line-up on Saturday.
B.C.FAN wrote:On his weekly radio show Monday night, Bene made the same points as Wally that the Lions have been missing four starters on offence (I guess it's five if you count Lulay) but that Arceneaux and Iannuzzi are close to coming back and they'll give the receiving corps a big lift when they do. I was surprised how much Wally and Bene both praised Iannuzzi as a valuable missing piece of the offence. Wally and Bene also talked optimistically about the progress being made by Kirby Fabien and Hunter Steward in their recovery.
Yea, this is what I was getting at BCF. There is a disconnect here. LU has been reporting that the Leos have been shopping Marco, he's on the "outs," and that he's been a healthy scratch.

Didn't we hear that Marco would retire before moving to another city? Other business interests locally which are more the longer career plan of something to that affect?

If not I wouldn't mind seeing him going to Winnipeg. He could proably end up starting there replacing the oft injured Cory Watson.