Alouettes 24 - Lions 9 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:What do folks think of the HC saying "We suck?"
Just telling the truth.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

From Lowell Ullrich in the Province ...
So the popsicles stayed in the freezer, and the simulated crowd noise and uptempo music returned to practice partly because Buono had questioned the intensity of workout sessions since the end of the preseason schedule and made his feelings known to Benevides.
"There's some sense of urgency with us. We're pissed off," said Benevides.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Honesty is refreshing.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Just telling the truth.
At least he didn't use the words "we have to execute" ....yet.

Going into the season, I thought that the D would be alright given that Benevides was behind the scenes and should be able to get that talent up to speed if Washington wasn't able to. It is the OL that filled many threads in the off season that remains the route of the problem in the Lions O. But Jones hasn't been very efficient on his play selection, or game planning, that was a definite possibility heading into the season, so no surprise.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
Just telling the truth.
At least he didn't use the words "we have to execute" ....yet.
that is only because he is still trying to figure out who to execute :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

sj-roc wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:Frankly, I gave up in the second half too.
Yup. You're far from alone, too, I'd say. Not sure if this was ever brought up but our 24,524 home opener attendance was our smallest crowd so far since BCP reopened (even including preseason games). Heck, half the 2010/11 Empire games had bigger crowds. Another stinker in Regina on Saturday won't bode well for ticket sales with back-to-back home games to follow. Could be a short-lived record.
I'd say the timing of this season opener made a direct hit on the turnstiles. Last year we started the season on a Thursday after the long weekend. Thursday isn't ideal either but I think is favourable over having it the guts of a weekend where many some might not even get a long weekend but many would turn it into a 4 day weekend. When I saw how relatively quiet it was in the heart of Granville Friday night compared to other Friday nights I've stayed down there through the summer and fall I knew it wouldn't be a great night at the gate for the Lions. The. Difference between the two openers was only around 1000 butts.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

peeby wrote:
HEAD COACH DEMEANOR ON SIDE-LINE: Can't abide it. Looks like a goof, coaches like a goof? Maybe couldn't get refs attention when trying to throw a challenge flag because they can't distinguish his calling for attention from his usual behaviour?
Something I'd thought about last week on that lack of challenge was brought up by Lapolice tonight. Climie asked him about how coaches decide if they should challenge or not. Lapo said with both benches on the same side of the field in Montreal the coaches don't necessarily get a good view or angle on a play like they would if benches were on opposite sides. The play they were discussing tonight was the PI challenge which happened on the other side of the field and at the opposite end from the Bomber bench. At Molson not doubt the field is crowned. For Benny on that play he also would've been looking kitty corner across the crown of the field from probably no closer than his own 40. In BCP he probably would"ve been standing at Montreal's 40 and looking across a pool table flat surface. Lapo said coaches really have to rely on the guys up in the booth to help them make the challenge call at these stadiums where you don't always get the sort of look as you would in a traditional stadium configuration.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.