More Stuff from Twitter.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h

The #BCLions are getting closer to landing draft pick & Abby native Boseko Lokombo who has been cleared for contact after shoulder injury.

Wally Buono has been in contact with Lokombo's agent &the #BCLions gm says Lokombo is warming up to the idea of joining his hometown team.

The #BCLions made receiver Manny Arceneaux an offer to extend his contract this past weekend.

Hearing that offer to Manny not good enough, he's a ufa after this season. #BCLions

#BCLions coach Mike Benevides tells me, "there is a chance that Travis Lulay could start Sunday vs Argos".
Lloyd
David
Team Captain

Just posted that! :wink:

This should be interesting....
Matthew Sekeres ‏@mattsekeres 10m

My co-host today from 11-1 is @GM_Brillo. Wally will take your calls and questions from 12-1. Send them here. #BCLions

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Have questions for Wally? He's co-hosting with Matt Sekeres Monday on the Team 1040 midday show:
@mattsekeres: My co-host today from 11-1 is @GM_Brillo. Wally will take your calls and questions from 12-1. Send them here. #BCLions
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h

The #BCLions are getting closer to landing draft pick & Abby native Boseko Lokombo who has been cleared for contact after shoulder injury.

Wally Buono has been in contact with Lokombo's agent &the #BCLions gm says Lokombo is warming up to the idea of joining his hometown team.

The #BCLions made receiver Manny Arceneaux an offer to extend his contract this past weekend.

Hearing that offer to Manny not good enough, he's a ufa after this season. #BCLions

#BCLions coach Mike Benevides tells me, "there is a chance that Travis Lulay could start Sunday vs Argos".
Some potential very good news
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1h

Gotta build through the draft. :thup:

Seems like we have been doing better with our future picks, in terms of actually getting them under contract. Steward. :thup: It would be nice to sign Lokombo. STs and LB depth.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Spud387
Champion

DETAILS: Paris Jackson among 3 released by @REDBLACKS http://on.cfl.ca/As2PE #CFL
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Just posted that! :wink:

This should be interesting....
Matthew Sekeres ‏@mattsekeres 10m

My co-host today from 11-1 is @GM_Brillo. Wally will take your calls and questions from 12-1. Send them here. #BCLions

have been out of the country, how did the Wally question period go?
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:have been out of the country, how did the Wally question period go?
There was quite a positive tone to the whole session as I recall. Here's one comment I made in another thread:
On Team 1040 today wih Sekeres, Wally said Benevides has really come into his own this year as a coach and Wally is learning to back off. He said games are stressful but during the week he does not get involved and doesn't worry about coaching matters. He does not want to coach again.
Perhaps someone else will recall more details.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Scott Mitchell ‏@SUNMitchell 2h

Just been informed "two-pullback" rule is gone in new CBA. Simply salary cap implications now when you pull guys off 6-game. Simple. #CFL

Makes complete sense. If you manage your cap the way you should, pull as many guys off early as you want. #CFL
Lloyd
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anymore news on Boseko Lokombo ?
David
Team Captain

From Hunter Steward on Twitter:
Hunter Steward ‏@BigStew67

Surgery went very well. Time to do my part and heal up. Just a matter of time till im back on the field!

What the....?!?!? I didn't even see him get hurt. I infer he had to get his knee scoped. Wonder if he will miss the Ottawa game and/or the Winnipeg game the following week?

Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:From Hunter Steward on Twitter:

Surgery went very well. Time to do my part and heal up. Just a matter of time till im back on the field!

What the....?!?!? I didn't even see him get hurt. I infer he had to get his knee scoped. Wonder if he will miss the Ottawa game and/or the Winnipeg game the following week?

Hmmmm ... When it rains, it pours. We found a gem with this guy. Guys just do not beat him. He stays in front of the defender (not an easy task). He makes excellent contact. He seems imperturbable. His lateral mobility is very good. He reads the defender. Can't ask for anything more. If he keeps it up, will the NFL come calling? Of course.

Heal fast, Hunter.

Meantime, back to the drawing board for Dan Dorazio and our OL.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
David wrote:From Hunter Steward on Twitter:

Hmmmm ... When it rains, it pours. We found a gem with this guy. Guys just do not beat him. He stays in front of the defender (not an easy task). He makes excellent contact. He seems imperturbable. His lateral mobility is very good. He reads the defender. Can't ask for anything more. If he keeps it up, will the NFL come calling? Of course.

Heal fast, Hunter.

Meantime, back to the drawing board for Dan Dorazio and our OL.
That is the worst news possible from that GG, even worse than the outcome, as this will affect us long term.
Entertainment value = an all time low