Live Chat With Lowell Ullrich today (Friday 10/10) at 1:00pm

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I USUALLY read through these chats, I'm often busy or if not I forget, or I would participate.....

The one thing I would respond to would be, IF HE'S AVAILABLE, Dan L. of the tigercats would certainly be a player I could see here next year, if its true the Ticats maybe done with him. Certainly has the mobility that Glenn doesn't. IIRC, DanL. started the Ham game, here, and looked solid....
dupsdell1
Champion

I know it does not seem good right but everyone is talking like the season is over lions still have another game to play
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:I know it does not seem good right but everyone is talking like the season is over lions still have another game to play
They are being realistic. The way this team has been playing, I don't expect them to win next week. Poor coaching, poor playcalling, poor special teams, no pass rush. Have I left anything out ?
dupsdell1
Champion

that is why there is another game never give up hope
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
dupsdell1 wrote:I know it does not seem good right but everyone is talking like the season is over lions still have another game to play
They are being realistic. The way this team has been playing, I don't expect them to win next week. Poor coaching, poor playcalling, poor special teams, no pass rush. Have I left anything out ?
True. We're 9-9 which just isn't good enough, padded as it is with a 5-1 record against non-playoff teams (no matter which of Ham/Tor qualifies). Against playoff teams, we haven't registered a win since week 8 (possibly week 7 depending on how Ham plays tomorrow), that's over half the season — and we're 4-8 against them overall. No reason to expect that trend to change anytime soon.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:........ We're 9-9 which just isn't good enough, padded as it is with a 5-1 record against non-playoff teams (no matter which of Ham/Tor qualifies). Against playoff teams, we haven't registered a win since week 8 (possibly week 7 depending on how Ham plays tomorrow), that's over half the season — and we're 4-8 against them overall. No reason to expect that trend to change anytime soon.
The things I find frustrating :dizzy: is that these BC Lions are 5-4 on the road and 4-5 @ home. I guess using twisted logic, maybe its good we are going on the road for the playoffs but I don't see it..... :bang:
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:
sj-roc wrote:........ We're 9-9 which just isn't good enough, padded as it is with a 5-1 record against non-playoff teams (no matter which of Ham/Tor qualifies). Against playoff teams, we haven't registered a win since week 8 (possibly week 7 depending on how Ham plays tomorrow), that's over half the season — and we're 4-8 against them overall. No reason to expect that trend to change anytime soon.
The things I find frustrating :dizzy: is that these BC Lions are 5-4 on the road and 4-5 @ home. I guess using twisted logic, maybe its good we are going on the road for the playoffs but I don't see it..... :bang:
Grasping at straws notahomer, the Lions are sinking fast. The fork in the road says West or East, when you may as well stick it in the Lions season and call it done like dinner.

Sure I will watch the playoff game, not having a hope or a prayer makes it easier to take the final outcome.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Bosco
Team Captain

Yes, things are grim...but I still like our chances in Montreal, next week. Would rather face the Als than a VERY strong Eskimo team.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Grasping at straws notahomer, the Lions are sinking fast. The fork in the road says West or East, when you may as well stick it in the Lions season and call it done like dinner.

Sure I will watch the playoff game, not having a hope or a prayer makes it easier to take the final outcome.

Sinking and stinking fast.... :wink: I'm gonna watch the game too, have to simply because I am a big fan even though I'm not optimistic......
Rammer
Team Captain

Bosco wrote:Yes, things are grim...but I still like our chances in Montreal, next week. Would rather face the Als than a VERY strong Eskimo team.
Esks without Reilly aren't as much a threat as the Als are IMO. There is a real possibility that Reilly isn't going to be ready for that game, could prove to be why the Riders put as much effort into the game vs the Esks as they did. Or it could be that the Esks didn't play to win, just played through basically.
Entertainment value = an all time low