Eskimos @ Lions, June 28, 2014 Preview & Depth Chart

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:I will try to post a pic of the DC. Nah, too much of a hassle this year with DC pix.
Not my usual gig but just this once...

Ha ha

Uh uhnnhh ...

It is now your franchise, sj.

No more DC pix from me. In the last few years I had few adjustments, steps and hassles (Screen capture, et cetera). LOL This year it has been more of a hassle (Some new restriction by size, whatever. I don't even want to know what the changes were or why). So ... It is your franchise. LOL

Oh, and by the way, very nice quality pic. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Ha ha

Uh uhnnhh ...

No more DC pix from me. In the last few years I had few adjustments etc. This year it has been more of a hassle. So ... It is your franchise. LOL
Nah, I already disclaimed "just this once" to head you off at the pass, right from the get go :P

I did some C&P for ~5mins using paint to get that into form. It's made me appreciate it's not necessarily a straight screen grab. You put some time & effort into those in the past so I do understand you wanting to hand that task off after a good run.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:Ha ha

Uh uhnnhh ...

No more DC pix from me. In the last few years I had few adjustments etc. This year it has been more of a hassle. So ... It is your franchise. LOL
Nah, I already disclaimed "just this once" to head you off at the pass, right from the get go :P

I did some C&P for ~5mins using paint to get that into form. It's made me appreciate it's not necessarily a straight screen grab. You put some time & effort into those in the past so I do understand you wanting to hand that task off after a good run.
If it is fast, without having to figure out something new, since last year's steps do not work so smoothly this year, I am usually good to go. But, disclaimer or no, it is your franchise now. j/k

Some one can pick it up, or people can access the pdf to their computers.

Last year it went something like this ... screen capture to desktop. Reduce size. Trim. Then upload. Check quality. Very fast. Seems like about 30 seconds max. Not a problem. (Gadwin print screen and Irfan picture management). This year the size does not fit. And then one has to mess around.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

ballhawk
Legend

Looks like some of the Lionbackers need to eat humble pie! The Eskimos have gone 4-0, as the Edmonton Sun surmised. I noticed lots of mocking of the Sun's article by "knowledgeable Lionbackers. Time for open repentence of one's erroneous ways!! Let's face it, as many Lionbackers attest to, Chris Jones must be the greatest coach in the world.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

ballhawk wrote:Looks like some of the Lionbackers need to eat humble pie! The Eskimos have gone 4-0, as the Edmonton Sun surmised. I noticed lots of mocking of the Sun's article by "knowledgeable Lionbackers. Time for open repentence of one's erroneous ways!! Let's face it, as many Lionbackers attest to, Chris Jones must be the greatest coach in the world.
I was among the first here to recognise that writer might have been on to something and I commend the Esks on their fast start. But hey, it's a long season. 4-0 and six dollars gets you a coffee at Starbucks and to a man I'm sure the Esks themselves would agree. The Als started 9-2 in 2001. We started 11-0 in 2005. Both teams went a collective 1-15 to finish their respective seasons.

Edit: I wrote the above under the impression you were an Esks fan who just wandered in here to talk trash but I've since reviewed some of your other posts and this appears not to be the case. My apologies if my tone came off combative.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
ballhawk wrote:Looks like some of the Lionbackers need to eat humble pie! The Eskimos have gone 4-0, as the Edmonton Sun surmised. I noticed lots of mocking of the Sun's article by "knowledgeable Lionbackers. Time for open repentence of one's erroneous ways!! Let's face it, as many Lionbackers attest to, Chris Jones must be the greatest coach in the world.
I was among the first here to recognise that writer might have been on to something and I commend the Esks on their fast start. But hey, it's a long season. 4-0 and six dollars gets you a coffee at Starbucks and to a man I'm sure the Esks themselves would agree. The Als started 9-2 in 2001. We started 11-0 in 2005. Both teams went a collective 1-15 to finish their respective seasons.

Edit: I wrote the above under the impression you were an Esks fan who just wandered in here to talk trash but I've since reviewed some of your other posts and this appears not to be the case. My apologies if my tone came off combative.
I am sure that ballhawk doesn't mind the 'combative' nature of your post, it wasn't that bad...:)

I mocked the Esks writer who suggested they could go 4 - 0, and I still can't believe it. Their D has come to life and is putting a ton of pressure on the QB's. I wonder if that has anything to do with the Esks dressing 8 DL for games....hmmmm.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ballhawk
Legend

No offense to anyone, I just found the whole thing humourous given that the Esks are currently 4-0. I personally don't expect their extraordinary record to last much longer.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: I mocked the Esks writer who suggested they could go 4 - 0, and I still can't believe it. Their D has come to life and is putting a ton of pressure on the QB's. I wonder if that has anything to do with the Esks dressing 8 DL for games....hmmmm.
Recall the days when we used to dress 5 DL only. :dizzy: Toughest job on the field IMO. Sumo wrestle with giants. Run after QBs. Run after scatbacks. 6 minimum needed. Rotate. Keep fresh.

Jones is doing a terrific job. Not fancy. But aggressive D. In the style of Don Matthews. Offence pretecting the ball. High percentage. Reilly is still running too much. They do not want him hurt.

I've been pumping Jones' tires all along. He is no surprise to some of us.

I recall very well when we lifted Matthews out of Edmonton. Guess we can't do that with Jones, huh?

Rammer
Team Captain

ballhawk wrote:No offense to anyone, I just found the whole thing humourous given that the Esks are currently 4-0. I personally don't expect their purrfect record to last much longer.
Esks just don't have enough depth on either side of the football nor on the National side. It is a matter of time before this catches up with them more than most teams, except perhaps the Argos, Bombers and of course the startup REDBLACKS.
Entertainment value = an all time low