Is Travis Lulay done? - moved to the 6 game IL on 6/27/14

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MexicoLionFan
Legend

Big Time, honestly, Glenn is your starter for the WHOLE YEAR...barring injury to Glenn, I am sure the Lions will take this year to let Lulay's shoulder heal properly...I can definitely see the Lions activating Lulay, but not starting him with that shoulder unless they have to. Good move by Wally...the lying so and so...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The cold hard truth is that Wally should have kept Reilly and moved Lulay.

Period.

And no that's not hindsight, that's based on ability and how they looked.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:The cold hard truth is that Wally should have kept Reilly and moved Lulay.

Period.

And no that's not hindsight, that's based on ability and how they looked.
To be fair, I was a Reilly supporter at the time and even I couldn't see moving the GC MOP over Reilly. Hated losing him, but there is noway that you trade away Lulay at that time, a QB on top of his game, having the game slow down for him. Reilly is you are talking injury, has his own concerns with a concussion history, and a Matt Dunigan style of getting the extra yard. For right now, Lulay may be back sooner than later, or not, but we need to trust in Glenn currrently.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Surprised. You keep hearing he's on schedule, things are working out. Then again, when I reflect I have had serious injuries to various parts of the body, including shoulders (both of them). I haven't had surgery on either shoulder and that is in large part due to my Doctor saying "we don't like to unless we have to because you'll never be the same if we do, do surgery".

I hope Lulay returns but maybe just doesn't need to. Glenn leading the team and doing just fine thank you very much.... :cr:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:Lulay officially moved to 6-game injured list. Glenn is your starter for the first third of the season...
For Lion fans Glenn is not injury prone but he has been hurt like most QBs.

For fans sake let's hope he doesn't do a Lulay run and get near the goal line and decide to run over the tacklers rather than believe in his offense and team mates to take it the final 5 to 10. OR, this team is done for GC Vancouver 2014. By the time Lulay gets back some other teams could be well ahead in the standings with a stronger west.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind if the Lions sign another QB with CFL experience. Ricky Foggie available ?
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I wouldn't mind if the Lions sign another QB with CFL experience. Ricky Foggie available ?
Nah, I'd hold out for at least Ben Sankey.
JohnHenry
Champion

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I wouldn't mind if the Lions sign another QB with CFL experience. Ricky Foggie available ?
Nah, I'd hold out for at least Ben Sankey.
Wally always has Joey Elliot on speed dial if Jyles is a no-show.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

So with the Lions now having played 4 of the 6 games that Lulay is serving on the injured list, he's now allowed to practice with the team (AFAIK) when they get back at it on Tuesday. Do we have any clarity on whether he'll be able to do so?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
JohnHenry
Champion

sj-roc wrote:So with the Lions now having played 4 of the 6 games that Lulay is serving on the injured list, he's now allowed to practice with the team (AFAIK) when they get back at it on Tuesday. Do we have any clarity on whether he'll be able to do so?
I believe the Lions put Travis on the six-gamer after the 1st game, so he'll have to wait until next week to start practicing with the team. :ref:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:
sj-roc wrote:So with the Lions now having played 4 of the 6 games that Lulay is serving on the injured list, he's now allowed to practice with the team (AFAIK) when they get back at it on Tuesday. Do we have any clarity on whether he'll be able to do so?
I believe the Lions put Travis on the six-gamer after the 1st game, so he'll have to wait until next week to start practicing with the team. :ref:
Not quite. Our 1st game was on Sat Jun 28. He went on the 6G the day before this (scroll up this thread for a link to the bclions.com video announcement that was released on Jun 27).

Evidently they waited until the last minute to make the transaction.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 53m

#BCLions gm Wally Buono lobbied the CFL to let qb Travis Lulay practise this week but the league said no.

The CFL wants players on the 6 game injured list to start practising in week 5 and not week 4 like Bouno wanted.
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 53m

#BCLions gm Wally Buono lobbied the CFL to let qb Travis Lulay practise this week but the league said no.

The CFL wants players on the 6 game injured list to start practising in week 5 and not week 4 like Bouno wanted.

Not sure how that works out, do you mean Wally wanted Travis practicing prior to the Montreal game? If not, Travis has missed 4 games, so he should be available to practice this week, maybe just before the Bombers game, if they calculate it from the time he went on the IL.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 53m

Not sure how that works out, do you mean Wally wanted Travis practicing prior to the Montreal game? If not, Travis has missed 4 games, so he should be available to practice this week, maybe just before the Bombers game, if they calculate it from the time he went on the IL.
July 25th is the 4 week mark.....if the league doesn't allow a player to start practicing until the start of he 5th week than that would be July 26th.

Once again, the league keeps it's fans in the dark.....preferring to leave us guessing/theorizing/hypothesizing rather than stating CLEARLY what the rules are.....shameful.
Lloyd