Is Travis Lulay done? - moved to the 6 game IL on 6/27/14

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Spud387
Champion

Big Time wrote:Lulay officially moved to 6-game injured list. Glenn is your starter for the first third of the season...
First 3rd of the season... minimum
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good news for Partridge as well as he earns a roster cheque rather than a practice roster.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lowell Ullrich ‏@FifthQtr ·9 mins
#bclions announce they are moving Travis Lulay to 6-game injured. Mike Benevides: 'We miscalculated his recovery.'
Miscalculated his recovery or misled people about it? It was evident at training camp that a QB who can't throw the ball is a long way from playing. I'm surprised it took so long but I'm glad the Lions made the move instead of trying to go week to week and then realizing he should have been six-gamed from the start.

I've maintained from the start that the Lions will be fine as long as Glenn is healthy. Beck and Partridge are not capable of playing against CFL defences.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Big Time wrote:Lulay officially moved to 6-game injured list. Glenn is your starter for the first third of the season...
Where are you getting this info? The Lions website roster lists Lulay as 1 game IR.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Reality sets in.

In Glenn We Trust.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Big Time
Champion

DanoT wrote:
Where are you getting this info? The Lions website roster lists Lulay as 1 game IR.
Announced by Lowell Ulrich on his twitter feed. He is money on these things.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions website is always behind in real time.
Big Time
Champion

CFL Official Feed just announced it too.

http://cfl.ca/article/more-time-needed- ... jured-list
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

How big does the Glenn acquisition look now!!!!
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:How big does the Glenn acquisition look now!!!!
Re Lulay ... Wally knew something the fans did not know. And neither did the RedBlacks.

We also made good on the release of Burris by the TiCats. That was fortuitous for us.

Beck and Partridge are unknown at this time. We just don't know ... We can still hope.

And aside from MLF, did anyone announce the talent level of Drew Willy before his terrific debut with the Bombers? It's good for the CFL.

Burris in Ottawa

Willy in Winnipeg

Presumably Collaros should do well in Hamilton

Glenn in Vancouver (or is that beautiful downtown Surrey)?

Smith in Mtl? Unproven still it seems to me.

Mitchell and Tate in Cal

Ray in TO

Reilly in Edm

Durant in Regina

Lots of good QBs, with some young guns ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Rammer
Team Captain

For a small QB, he looks like the biggest acquisition for a Number 5 selection that I can recall. Saved the Lions season, and Wally played the poker game like a pro.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Re Lulay ... Wally knew something the fans did not know. And neither did the RedBlacks.

We also made good on the release of Burris by the TiCats. That was fortuitous for us.

Beck and Partridge are unknown at this time. We just don't know ... We can still hope.

And aside from MLF, did anyone announce the talent level of Drew Willy before his terrific debut with the Bombers? It's good for the CFL.

Burris in Ottawa

Willy in Winnipeg

Presumably Collaros should do well in Hamilton

Glenn in Vancouver (or is that beautiful downtown Surrey)?

Smith in Mtl? Unproven still it seems to me.

Mitchell and Tate in Cal

Ray in TO

Reilly in Edm

Durant in Regina

Lots of good QBs, with some young guns ...
Just as fortuitous as Ottawa signing Buress and no longer needing Glenn is Steven Jyles no show at mini camp. With Lulay on the 6 game and Jyles at QB can you say 0 and 6?

I would also like to thank Marwan Hage for retiring after being drafted by Ottawa. Ottawa very much wanted a reliable veteran centre to lead the Oline and call out blocking assignments so when they looked around the CFL they found John Gott, a veteran centre for the Stamps, moved to guard with last year's arrival of centre Bent Jones.

Since it took the first pick in the draft to get Gott from the Stamps, Ottawa was desperate for another first round pick and so 5th in the draft for Kevin Glenn became the big score in the draft for the Lions. :beauty:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Not good news for Lulay or the Lions.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Miscalculated his recovery or misled people about it? It was evident at training camp that a QB who can't throw the ball is a long way from playing. I'm surprised it took so long but I'm glad the Lions made the move instead of trying to go week to week and then realizing he should have been six-gamed from the start.

I've maintained from the start that the Lions will be fine as long as Glenn is healthy. Beck and Partridge are not capable of playing against CFL defences.
It has been my perception from the outset that the club has been misleading the public about the extent of Travis's injury. Initially, it was to get the best deal they could for Kevin Glenn. That part I get. What I am not as clear on is why they kept this charade for the past 6 weeks. Perhaps due in part to trying to sell the public on hope for their face of the franchise given that they have tickets to sell and sponsors to appease? I just can't believe that doctors were telling Wally and Bene on the eve of camp that Travis would be set to go by the start of the regular season. If so, they should not be retained by the club and longer.

Anyway, I have a tremendous amount of faith in Kevin Glenn. But if he goes down for any length of time, we're in deep s***.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:]

It has been my perception from the outset that the club has been misleading the public about the extent of Travis's injury.

Not unusual. Teams don't usually divulge the full extent of players' injuries. Take hockey for example, all you hear is an "upper or lower body" injury.