After a Family Tradgedy, Bama is Ready to ROAR!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

Hello everyone, I'm back!

I apologize for my long absence but now the Bama BC Fan Club is ready to roll again. We are now up to 8 members prepared to take over the local pizza pub to rock out in orange and black!

The primary reason for my disappearance was that my wife Samantha was involved in a terrible car accident. She rolled her 2005 Chevy Impala 10 times, we still don't have a for certain answer as to what caused the crash...she has no memory of it. All four lanes of the interstate had to be closed for 2 hours because of this wreck, it even made the news State-wide.

Sam died on the scene and was resuscitated. She suffered a "Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)" among other injuries. She fractured C7 in her neck, broke her nose and right eye socket, had a deep gash the length of her scalp, had a punctured lung, and suffered a "de-gloving" of the left forearm (google it if you like, it's awful). She required brain surgery to remove a blood clot, had a drain in her scalp for fluid build-up (2 weeks) and it took a month for her right eye to refocus properly due to swelling of the brain.

This occurred just north of Huntsville, Alabama. She was air lifted to Huntsville Hospital, which is good because its the #1 neuro center in our State. We were there for a month and a half, then were transferred to Birmingham where she and I lived for another month while she learned how to walk again, among other things.

Samantha is now back at home. Her mind has returned to her and her body is healing at a miraculous pace. Our son, who escaped the crash with NO injuries at all, is so happy to have us back. We are a family again and that is something to Praise God our Father about.

What reminded me to get back on here was Samantha asking me this morning when the CFL season started back. She broke out her BC shirt and is hanging out on the coach right now perusing this very site. I'm at work and thought I should update yall on whats going on down here in Dixie. We are very excited about this year's Leo Campaign for the Cup!

Let's go Lions, win it for Samantha!

Greg
Last edited by BCfanInDIXIE on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Greg, as always, to you and your family THE VERY BEST at all times...and that goes to all Lionsbackers (but no one else...kidding). Its going to be an interesting season and I hope that all of your friends and family enjoy it! Please give all of our love to your wonderful wife!!!

MLF (aka Brad)
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

MexicoLionFan wrote:Please give all of our love to your wonderful wife!!!

MLF (aka Brad)

Thanks Brad, I will do that.

BC Lions football is something we have enjoyed together for several years now, so when she mentioned it this morning I was happy. Her mind has taken a long time to recover, and when she talks about things that we have enjoyed as a family it shows she is herself again. I tell ya though, this has been a long and difficult journey getting her back home. I hope Travis and the boys can make this season special for her. An opening day win would really put a smile on her face. :cr:
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
David
Team Captain

Very sorry to hear about the terrible accident - horrible news - but relieved that your wife (and you) made it through it all. All the best.

Welcome back.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:Very sorry to hear about the terrible accident - horrible news - but relieved that your wife (and you) made it through it all. All the best.

Welcome back.

X2
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
David wrote:Very sorry to hear about the terrible accident - horrible news - but relieved that your wife (and you) made it through it all. All the best.

Welcome back.

X2
X3
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:
DanoT wrote:

Welcome back.

X2
X3
X4
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sorry to hear about the terrible accident. Must be stressful time in your family. Glad to hear Samantha is recuperating well. Take care.