CFL Playoff Games -- November 23, 2014

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

MexicoLionFan
Legend

BTW in CGY wins the Cup this season, I could see Huff moving upstairs permanently making way for DD...they are looking very good!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Stamps are clearly the best team in the CFL this season. Leading 29-4 at the half. 3 touchdown passes by Bo Levi Mitchell
Last edited by TheLionKing on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It's fun to see Calagry lay another beating on Edmonton, now 29-4 late in the second quarter. They've exploited the Edmonton blitz with four big plays.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Two great coaches going head to head, says Suitor. Dickenson and Jones.

Different look every play from Jones.

Is Jones a bad coach all of a sudden because of this beating? Believe that at your peril.

Gotta say, the beating looks good on the bantam rooster, Jones.

So, Hufnagel and Dickenson have developed Mitchell and Tate in short order.

Paris Jackson, TD. :thup:

Time to get Reilly off that foot, Jones.

Two TDs in a row for Edm. Good for Reilly. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Cornish puts an exclamation point on the victory, now 43-18 late in the fourth. I'm looking forward to Calgary vs. Hamilton in a rematch of the 1999 game at B.C. Place. With Calgary wearing black and red and Hamilton in black and gold, black will definitely be the new orange around town this week.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Cornish puts an exclamation point on the victory, now 43-18 late in the fourth. I'm looking forward to Calgary vs. Hamilton in a rematch of the 1999 game at B.C. Place. With Calgary wearing black and red and Hamilton in black and gold, black will definitely be the new orange around town this week.
Also back from the 1999 Grey Cup @BCP: empty seats.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Busy day working so I misse BOTH the East and West Final for the first time in DECADES.... :sigh:

The tradeoff, is I won't have to work for the Grey Cup. It was a pretty easy choice really......

Watching the replays it sure seems like the East game was the more watchable, in the sense of the games result not being over quickly.

By watching the sportscasts, one can't get a true feel for the game, IMO. How was Reilly? The sportscaster (Barry Delay, IIRC) touched on him probably being hobbled but who knows? Sure he'll be back solid to lead those Esks to battle in next years West Division, the toughest division in pro-football, IMO.....
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:BTW in CGY wins the Cup this season, I could see Huff moving upstairs permanently making way for DD...they are looking very good!
why would he do that. Another 14 yrs and he could take the coaching wins record.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think they referenced that some point today in the broadcast where the suggestion was that Huff might want to coach for another 2-3 years.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:

By watching the sportscasts, one can't get a true feel for the game, IMO. How was Reilly? The sportscaster (Barry Delay, IIRC) touched on him probably being hobbled but who knows? Sure he'll be back solid to lead those Esks to battle in next years West Division, the toughest division in pro-football, IMO.....
Reilly looked pretty good at the start. Made a couple of good runs but as the game went on, it was becoming obvious that his foot was bothering him.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A rematch of the 1998 and 1999 Grey Cups - which team will break the tie?

Cliched maybe by now....but the Tiger-Cats did not hoist their trophy.

Whereas the Stampeders did:

So let's see whether this year that superstition takes effect and the Tiger-Cats pull an upset and capture the cup.
Last edited by Robbie on Wed May 13, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:I think they referenced that some point today in the broadcast where the suggestion was that Huff might want to coach for another 2-3 years.
That was presumably gleaned from DD's comments that he would wait up to three years for Hufnagel to move upstairs.
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

I find the whole don't touch the trophy thing stupid. I mean if your team won it, you should hoist it. I remember when Sidney Crosby didn't touch the Prince of Wales trophy the first time and they ended up losing to Detriot in the Finals. The year after he touches it and they win the Stanley Cup.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

From the Province ...
For the 102nd Grey Cup, Bell heads back to Vancouver, where he spent 2012 and 2013 before signing with Calgary as a free agent in February to hook up with his coaching guru, Stubler.

"Gonna be like goin' back to your old neighbourhood with a new girlfriend," he cooed. "And she is hot. I mean ... Hot. Looks a whole lot better than the old girlfriend. Makes you look like a genius, know what I'm saying?"
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The TiCats have played home games at the University of Guelph, McMaster University, and a partially finished Tim Hortons Field in the past two years.

They started this year 1 and 6.
How did he (Bob Young) feel after this historically weird season? Surprised? Relieved?

"No," he said, then broke out into a wide smile, spying Austin as he exited the lockerroom. The two men hugged.

"This guy," Young said, "told me we would get better. And we did."
Yep.