CFL Playoff Games -- November 23, 2014

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:The TiCats have played home games at the University of Guelph, McMaster University, and a partially finished Tim Hortons Field in the past two years.

They started this year 1 and 6.
How did he (Bob Young) feel after this historically weird season? Surprised? Relieved?

"No," he said, then broke out into a wide smile, spying Austin as he exited the lockerroom. The two men hugged.

"This guy," Young said, "told me we would get better. And we did."
Yep.
This guy has a lot of roles but he has built a team including scouts. He is really inclusive of his staff and IIRC he has last year made a lot of speeches to his team about how the entire staff are proud ... the staff this and that... Saying it is one thing - delivering on that must be there too and it seems he has done this.

He also uses WCJ's favourite guy -Eric Tillman - as he is close to him and this is the guy who let him out of his contract to go home after one year and a GC win. That exit no doubt left a good taste in Austin's mouth for his former GM and the class of the CFL.
http://www.ticats.ca/page/eric-tillman Big title, quietly done due to bad PR.

I believe in redemption and while I don't get what happened in Edmonton (sounds bad) this guy has many contacts in the US and they keep pulling rabbits out of the hat with top stars.

Austin's ability to attract to Collaros over WPG was spoken to post game by ZC and he just felt that the HAM situation and team was close to be a top team and he wanted in. Nothing against the Bombers coaching staff but the mess there overall likely made it an easier decision to go to the Cats.

While WCJ might switch loyalties if he sees ET on the sidelines or at the game, I might switch if I see Angela Mosca...lol.... I am still one who like Joe Kapp harbors ill feelings to that guy over the Willie Fleming incident. Turning point of the game in 1963 GC.

Ironic we toast a MTL and HAM coaching staff while getting the tar and feathers out for a similar record during the season for MB. Granted how each team reached the post season was the key as only the Lions didn't win a post season game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:The TiCats have played home games at the University of Guelph, McMaster University, and a partially finished Tim Hortons Field in the past two years.

They started this year 1 and 6.
How did he (Bob Young) feel after this historically weird season? Surprised? Relieved?

"No," he said, then broke out into a wide smile, spying Austin as he exited the lockerroom. The two men hugged.

"This guy," Young said, "told me we would get better. And we did."
Yep.
This guy has a lot of roles but he has built a team including scouts. He is really inclusive of his staff and IIRC he has last year made a lot of speeches to his team about how the entire staff are proud ... the staff this and that... Saying it is one thing - delivering on that must be there too and it seems he has done this.

He also uses WCJ's favourite guy -Eric Tillman - as he is close to him and this is the guy who let him out of his contract to go home after one year and a GC win. That exit no doubt left a good taste in Austin's mouth for his former GM and the class of the CFL.
http://www.ticats.ca/page/eric-tillman Big title, quietly done due to bad PR.

I believe in redemption and while I don't get what happened in Edmonton (sounds bad) this guy has many contacts in the US and they keep pulling rabbits out of the hat with top stars.

Austin's ability to attract to Collaros over WPG was spoken to post game by ZC and he just felt that the HAM situation and team was close to be a top team and he wanted in. Nothing against the Bombers coaching staff but the mess there overall likely made it an easier decision to go to the Cats.

While WCJ might switch loyalties if he sees ET on the sidelines or at the game, I might switch if I see Angela Mosca...lol.... I am still one who like Joe Kapp harbors ill feelings to that guy over the Willie Fleming incident. Turning point of the game in 1963 GC.

Ironic we toast a MTL and HAM coaching staff while getting the tar and feathers out for a similar record during the season for MB. Granted how each team reached the post season was the key as only the Lions didn't win a post season game.
Ha ha, Toppy. You do like to stir it up.

ET gives me the creeps. Would not let him near a team nor a daughter. LOL Forgiveness, Yeah. But in a different town. Good for Austin to give him a chance, and take a big risk with the PR aspect. I had no intention of ever talking about ET again. So there ya go, Toppy.

Re Mosca and Kapp. Two old warriors. Take no prisoners. Stupid to put them together. Mosca struck out with his cane. What does anyone expect Joe Kapp to do? Punch him out.

I forgive them both, although, as with you, I was outraged at Mosca for driving into Willie, down out of bounds, striking out with a huge elbow.

Take that, Angelo. For Willie. And for certain Lions' fans.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.