All things Lions Marketing/Promotions 2014

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Nice breakdown as always sj-roc. What has stuck out to me for some time is how a good chunk of the $30 gemstone and family sections sat unsold while other upper deck sections were filling up on both sides of the field. It provides a good idea how many of those tickets are freebies from the guaranteed win game or other complimentary tickets.

No surprise there has been little movement of late after that dreadful performance. Might feel more like a pre-season game Friday with nothing on the line and some star players resting. Wouldn't be surprised to see a good chunk of no shows among season ticket holders too but maybe not since they won't be coming back to BC Place anytime soon to see the Lions.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Nice breakdown as always sj-roc. What has stuck out to me for some time is how a good chunk of the $30 gemstone and family sections sat unsold while other upper deck sections were filling up on both sides of the field. It provides a good idea how many of those tickets are freebies from the guaranteed win game or other complimentary tickets.

No surprise there has been little movement of late after that dreadful performance. Might feel more like a pre-season game Friday with nothing on the line and some star players resting. Wouldn't be surprised to see a good chunk of no shows among season ticket holders too but maybe not since they won't be coming back to BC Place anytime soon to see the Lions.
The deadline for claiming GWN comps was Sep 15 IIRC, so I guess the best insights on GWN vs non-GWN uptake would have come from comparing current availability to that date, which I never bothered. But it seems clear this game has the most comps among the four eligible.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.